Monteverde Rustic Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Hotel El Tucan(Santa Elena)
Heliconia Hotel(Monteverde)
1,143 results
All reviewshis brotherpancakessabor ticocosta ricathe ownerwooden furniturefruitsoccer fieldgreat place to stayevery morningcloud forestbreakfast was deliciousla fortunadowntown santa elenarooms are basicthin wallsnight hike
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Ten of our family stayed at the Lodge which was convenient to town, shopping, and restaurants. The rooms were smaller, but clean and new. It was a fantastic value compared to other places we stayed in Costa Rica and included a very nice breakfast each morning. The rooms were small but clean and looked new. The walls were a bit thin so we could hear each other talking sometimes. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We all had a great time on the Zipline in the Cloud Forest and Coffee Farm tour that they recommended to us. Definitely encourage you to stay here if you're in Monteverde.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank 918VSC
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We started out with some confusion about our reservation. They had us down for 2 double rooms instead of 1 room with two double beds. We wound up paying an extra $55 per night for a "family room."
There is no air conditioning and our room was very stuffy, so while we were in the room we left the door open until bedtime in order to get some air. The higher elevation in Monteverde makes the temps cooler and less humid so I don't think any of the hotels in the area offer a/c.
The breakfast was basic - we had eggs and toast, with fruit, both mornings we were there.
I had two bags of dirty clothes that I needed to have cleaned. It would have amounted to about one load of laundry at home. They told me it would be $30. I must have looked shocked, because he immediately offered to reduce that to $20. I've never paid that much to have a load of laundry done.
The location is conveniently within walking distance of the small town of Santa Elena, which has a few restaurants and souvenir shops.
Overall, we did like the place - but I think mainly because we loved the Monteverde area.

Room Tip: Be clear on what type of room you want when reserving
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We were not too sure about this lodge when we booked, but it turned out to be the favorite place we stayed while vacationing in Costa Rica. It was very clean and beautiful. Jose and Ernesto were very helpful planning tours and calling taxis for us. Jose even showed us the sloth that lives in a tree behind the lodge. The food was delicious --- especially the fruit. I'm sure you will like staying there just as much as we did.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Peggy2573
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We were reccomened rustic lodge by a local on our trip to costa rica. It was amazing! the workmanship of the wood is beautiful, the accomodations are great and the service could not be better.
Customer service was outstanding, they helped us book activiteies and had useful reccomendations for everything from food, places to visit and what to wear for the weather. Jose and Marcelo were always there with a smile and offering cafecito in the afternoons.
The rooms were clean and tidy. Theres no fitness room or pool, but honestly, with so much hiking and exploring who needs them!
My husband fell in love with a wooden sculpture of a smiling fish and Jose sold it to us! We had such a wonderful time we will definetly be comming back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank funfinder01
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed here in June 2014.
Pros: 1. Near enough to walk into tour or take a taxi, and Sabor Tico (which has good food!) is nearby near the soccer field.
2. Very large and clean three double bed room for my two friends and I. Beautiful wood paneling.
3. Incredibly friendly service and help for booking local tours.
4. WiFi!!
Cons: 1. First night was very windy, and while I sleep with earplugs, my two friends said they slept badly because they could hear the window apnea rattling all night long. The walls are also very thin, and we could hear entire conversations going on outside when we were trying to rest one afternoon for a night tour.
2. No TV, blowdryer, and only one small little trashcan for a huge room. These things didn't bother me as much, but it bothered my friends.
3. Low, low, low water pressure in our room.
Overall, though, I thought the overall atmosphere and appearance of this place was so nice looking, especially compared to how other places looked in town! This place reminded me of staying in a nice mountain cabin.

• Stayed: June 2014