Shame the apparent boss at this place and his cronies are so unpleasant because it would be a pretty decent backpacker's option otherwise. We stayed in a perfectly serviceable double room with shared bath for $7 each. The shower is phenomenal. I wanted to stay in there all day. There's a nice airy and well equipped kitchen upstairs which is also where they leave out a basic breakfast in the morning. This consists of coffee, bread, jam and bananas (hard and tasteless). It's a pretty good place to rest your head on a budget but I would steer clear of the hardsell in the hostel's tourist office and shop around a bit. Always take what they say with a pinch of salt. We were informed that night tours of Monteverde forest had ceased because "nobody saw any animals". You're not perchance trying to encourage me to go on your tour to a different forest are you Mr hostel man? No, course not!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Monteverde Budget Cabins Cabinas vista Al Golfo offers cheap lodging in Santa Elena Monteverde, we are located very close to the town of Santa Elena,we offer cheap cabins for you to spend your vacations in Monteverde Costa Rica, come and stay with us at this small and clean hostel.Cabinas Vista Al GolfoWe are located in an ideal spot, from our lodge balcony and look out point you can enjoy a beautiful and exuberant view, you can see the dinamyc climate changes of the monteverde cloud forestfrom our look out point experience one of the best views of the mountains of Monteverde and the Nicoya Gulf Community kitchen fully equipped, refregirator, microwave, toaster, coffe maker and everything you should need Deluxe Apartments fully equipped kitchen private bathroomprivate balcony with the best view for the mountain and nicoya gulfExcellent hot water system Cable T V Security Box FREE BREAKFASTWI-FIFREE INTERNETFREE COFFEE AND TEACabinas Vista Al Golfo Is costarican family run hotel in Santa Elena the owner Jorge Campos and his wife Anali Lopez will assist you personally with everything you should need, they do speak very good English so if you do not speak our language that should be no problem, you can enquire for tours in the area among other things ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, HostelWorld, Ebookers and Hotels.com so you can book your Cabinas and Hotel Vista Al Golfo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cabinas Vista Al Golfo Hotel Santa Elena
- Cabinas And Hotel Vista Al Golfo Monteverde, Costa Rica - Santa Elena