Quetzal Inn
Travelocity
US$102
US$99
  • Breakfast included
Hotel El Sueno(Santa Elena)
US$29
US$68
US$267
US$259
Hotwire.com
US$51
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Upon checking into the Quetzal Inn, my 13yr old son commented about the smell of mold and urine in the bathroom. My wife requested a room change and it was granted.
Within minutes in the new room my son (not normally a super spy) found sand under his pillow. I guess I'll sleep in that bed as I can deal with that. My daughter went to take a shower and the hot water was non existent. I went to check it out and noticed one of the wires that heats the showerhead dangling above her head and not a single towel in the room anywhere. That's 4 issues. We're outta here. While leaving the front desk girl handed a cell phone to my wife. I assume it was the owner. Instead of apologizing she got into a heated argument with my wife, and threatened to call the police as now she has to make the beds. (for real!!!!!) So here's my summary: If you are vacationing with you're family "MOVE ALONG, NOTHING TO SEE HERE". If you're with a few biker buddies who've had too much too drink need a cold shower and don't care about sleeping in dirt you'll be right at home. Except for the missing towels!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank JohnMMcKenzie
Reviewed 22 March 2014

The strongest points of Quetzal Inn are its location, in the heart of Santa Elena, and, at the same time, at a very quiety and secluded place; and the friendliness and care of its staff. Good for families.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel is all about location. Slap bang in the middle of Santa Elena yet set back from the road, it's a perfect Monteverde base if you're looking for somewhere a short walk from an array of restaurants. The people who work there are lovely and very obliging. We booked a Santa Maria jungle night tour through them and were very happy with it. The breakfast is great. The rooms are not. Tiny dark, cold, wooden boxes where you can hear your neighbors breathing. When my neighbors awoke at 4:30 I was obliged to do so too. And the wind came right into the room during the night and made me shiver in my bed. I'd stay here again - it wasn't awful or anything. But the rooms definitely weren't luxurious!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed at the Quetzal Inn 2 nights in october 2013. Ricardo is and incredible host: welcoming, helpful. We felt like home! There is a common kitchen, wich is very practical. The common areas are really welcoming and are a good opportunity to meet people from all over the world. My boyfriend and I even got engaged a the Quetzal, so it will be in our best memories for a long time!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cblier
Reviewed 6 March 2014

This is a small hotel in the center of Santa Elena.
I found staff very helpful and the atmosphere very friendly. But I must confirm other reports: you will hear your neighbours. This because the rooms are all wood what makes them cosy but the wooden panels between rooms offer zero isolation,
I found the breakfast room rather impersonal, and did not use the communal kitchen.This is a good choice if you want to be close to everything, but don’t expect any fancy.
Fairly priced.