My daughter and I stayed three nights at the Rainbow Valley in the upper floor, and it was absolutely wonderful. I did not want to leave. Immaculate, terrific view of the forests including a wonderful thunder storm to watch when we were there, monkeys watching the windows of the incredible porch in the morning, nice little kitchen with complementary Monteverde coffee, quiet, nice linens, very reasonably priced – you won't believe what you will get for your money!! Just can't say enough about the place, and I'm not the type of person to be complimentary if I didn't like it.
And then there is Rolf, the fun and congenial owner, who lives up the hill. He was great at suggesting activities, tour guides, and transportation, and then booking them at the drop of a hat. Seemed to know everyone in town. The Rainbow Valley is about a 10-15 minute pleasant walk from downtown, but Rolf will have his red pickup truck started and ready to take you before you even can open your mouth to ask him to. Taxis are always waiting in town to take you back for a couple of dollars, or you can walk back like we did a few times. You don't need a car to stay there.
All through the rest of our trip in Costa Rica, every time anyone would mention Monteverde, I would tell them to stay at the Rainbow Valley, and then we would pull out our digital camera and show pictures. No kidding, it is terrific, particularly the upper room with the amazing porch with windows on all four sides (one set of windows looks into the bedroom, but that way the bedroom has the view too).
This property is fairly new, so you could probably still get lucky enough to get a room (there's only two rooms, upper and lower). But as the word spreads, I wouldn't doubt Rolf will be booked up almost all year around.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rainbow Valley Lodge Monteverde is close to the town of Santa Elena, about 15 minutes walking or 3 minutes in a vehicle. With only eight rooms and no neighbors close by you can enjoy peace and quiet in a forest setting. We have Wi-Fi signal in all rooms. Clean rooms with hot water, possible chance to see animals right outside the rooms and owner help with guides and activities. All rooms have coffeemaker and Monteverde coffee plus small refrigerator. Parking near the rooms. Prices compare very favorably to other accommodations in Monteverde. We are not 5 star so please do not expect total luxury! We hope to see you here! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Rainbow Valley Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rainbow Valley Hotel Santa Elena
- Rainbow Valley Lodge Monteverde, Costa Rica - Santa Elena