I searched and searched online for the perfect place to stay with my husband and parents. When I read about Rainbow Valley Lodge it sounded perfect and it was. We rented both the upper and lower room for 3 nights. It's in a peaceful location - far enough away from Santa Elena, but not too far. The view is amazing, and if you enjoy wildlife you'll have fun with the coatis and capuchin monkeys that frequent the lodge.
Rolf was exceptionally helpful. He helped me make travel arrangements before we arrived and had lots of advice and tips for things to do in the Monteverde area.
If you like big hotels with fancy swimming pools with bar stools, this may not be the place for you, but if you enjoy peace and nature you'll love it.
It's the best deal in all of Costa Rica.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rainbow Valley Lodge Monteverde is close to the town of Santa Elena, about 15 minutes walking or 3 minutes in a vehicle. With only eight rooms and no neighbors close by you can enjoy peace and quiet in a forest setting. We have Wi-Fi signal in all rooms. Clean rooms with hot water, possible chance to see animals right outside the rooms and owner help with guides and activities. All rooms have coffeemaker and Monteverde coffee plus small refrigerator. Parking near the rooms. Prices compare very favorably to other accommodations in Monteverde. We are not 5 star so please do not expect total luxury! We hope to see you here! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Rainbow Valley Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rainbow Valley Hotel Santa Elena
- Rainbow Valley Lodge Monteverde, Costa Rica - Santa Elena