Just got back from a 2 night stay at the Rainbow Valley Lodge, and I cannot recommend it enough. I contacted Rolf via email, who gave me a complete description of his place, as well as of other places in the area for comparison purposes, leaving the decision up to me. I am so glad we went with Rainbow Valley.
The other reviews do a great job of describing the property - I'll just add that more than anything, it feels like your own private getaway. Being in the secluded upper room lets you feel like you have your own place. The view is amazing, and we were visited by all kinds of wildlife, including coatis, capuchin monkeys and mot-mots. And on the second day, the valley was filled with rainbows for the entire afternoon (not just a clever name).
Rolf was incredibly nice and helpful, recommending things to see and places to go, and organized tour guides and transportation from the hotel. We did the suspension bridge tour at Seveltura (Rolf arranged our pick-up) and had a guided tour at Monteverde the next morning (also arranged by Rolf). Other than that, it was just super peaceful to hang out at the hotel (it's really more of a B&B). Had coffee and cereal in the morning with the monkeys looking through the window, and beers at the end of the day in the little open-air porch to the side. We also went to the Ranaria (frog house) in the evening. At first we were unimpressed, but then a Canadian kid named Nick took us on an incredible tour, explaining every single frog in detail for over 2 hours. Highly recommended.
All in all, can't say enough about Rainbow Valley Lodge. Definitely the best place we stayed at, and one of the highlights of our trip to Costa Rica.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rainbow Valley Lodge Monteverde is close to the town of Santa Elena, about 15 minutes walking or 3 minutes in a vehicle. With only eight rooms and no neighbors close by you can enjoy peace and quiet in a forest setting. We have Wi-Fi signal in all rooms. Clean rooms with hot water, possible chance to see animals right outside the rooms and owner help with guides and activities. All rooms have coffeemaker and Monteverde coffee plus small refrigerator. Parking near the rooms. Prices compare very favorably to other accommodations in Monteverde. We are not 5 star so please do not expect total luxury! We hope to see you here! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo and Booking.com so you can book your Rainbow Valley Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rainbow Valley Hotel Santa Elena
- Rainbow Valley Lodge Monteverde, Costa Rica - Santa Elena