We just finished a month of travelling in Central America which included two weeks in Costa Rica. After staying in numerous places, Rainbow Valley Lodge comes out on top as one of our two favorites. We absolutely loved it.
The owner Rolf was great, taking our booking and giving us information before we arrived. He is extremely personable over email. We rented the cabin and it was awesome. We loved having a break from restaurants and cooking in our kitchen, feeding Diablo the coati, and hanging out on our forested deck. It is slightly out of town but you can easily walk back and forth in ten minutes. The cabin was clean and comfortable and the kitchen had everything you could ever need. Coffee was supplied, there was a little gas stove, a toaster and even a blender. Quite honestly, the photos and videos don't do this little guest house justice. It is even better than that. It has rustic charm but is totally comfortable. The cabin has 2 full bathrooms and a third bedroom sink. As three women travelling together, we loved that.
But what really knocked this place out of the park was the service. The Lodge is run by a lovely man named Christian and his family. Christian goes above and beyond to make your stay amazing. If we needed to go to town he drove us. We told him what we were interested in doing and he made recommendations and booked our tours for us. He knew what we needed before we even knew. Christian is just a personable and awesome guy.
You will get the most personable experience of your travelling life between Rolf and Christian. They really pay attention to every detail. You will love staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rainbow Valley Lodge Monteverde is close to the town of Santa Elena, about 15 minutes walking or 3 minutes in a vehicle. With only eight rooms and no neighbors close by you can enjoy peace and quiet in a forest setting. We have Wi-Fi signal in all rooms. Clean rooms with hot water, possible chance to see animals right outside the rooms and owner help with guides and activities. All rooms have coffeemaker and Monteverde coffee plus small refrigerator. Parking near the rooms. Prices compare very favorably to other accommodations in Monteverde. We are not 5 star so please do not expect total luxury! We hope to see you here! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Rainbow Valley Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rainbow Valley Hotel Santa Elena
- Rainbow Valley Lodge Monteverde, Costa Rica - Santa Elena