I was really looking forward to our stay at Rainbow Valley Lodge and must say that it was everything I had hoped for.
We are a family of four and booked both rooms. We really only used the lower room for sleeping and spent most our time in the upper room.
The view from the kitchen area was as nice as everyone has described.
We were fortunate enough to have a visit from the coatimundis just as we arrived.
I can't say enough about how well we were treated by Rolf. He is a truly nice guy and went out of his way for us many times. He arranged our transfers before and after our stay. He booked our guide for the reserve. He arranged for our Zip Line outing with Aventura. He also made good recommendations for places to eat.
What was appreciated the most though was that he drove my wife into town to help her sort things out at the bank after the bank machine ate her card the day before.
This reminds me - avoid using the bank machine at Bank of Costa Rica in Monteverde. When the bank employee retrieved the card she had a quite a collection of cards that had been eaten.
The kids spent an afternoon making artwork from plant material they found outside the rooms. Because Rolf was so nice to them, they gave him the picture of hummingbirds that they made.
Rolf was busy working on building some additional rooms. It looks like they will be nice when done. He again went out of his way to try and make sure that we weren't disturbed by the construction.
The Rainbow Valley Lodge was the best deal of any hotel we stayed at in Costa Rica.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rainbow Valley Lodge Monteverde is close to the town of Santa Elena, about 15 minutes walking or 3 minutes in a vehicle. With only eight rooms and no neighbors close by you can enjoy peace and quiet in a forest setting. We have Wi-Fi signal in all rooms. Clean rooms with hot water, possible chance to see animals right outside the rooms and owner help with guides and activities. All rooms have coffeemaker and Monteverde coffee plus small refrigerator. Parking near the rooms. Prices compare very favorably to other accommodations in Monteverde. We are not 5 star so please do not expect total luxury! We hope to see you here! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Rainbow Valley Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rainbow Valley Hotel Santa Elena
- Rainbow Valley Lodge Monteverde, Costa Rica - Santa Elena