We just returned from Costa Rica last week. What a great trip! While in Santa Elena, Monteverde region, we stayed at the Rainbow Valley Lodge. Loved it! We had the upstairs room, $40 nightly, the view of the cloud forest was breathtaking. The room is very large with kitchinette and screened in balcony. The rooms are very basic and comfortable. Rolf the owner, had coupons for discounts to several restaurants and excursions. He also booked all of our trips, which was a big help. Santa Elena is a 15 minute walk. We were able to see so many animals and birds from the balcony. Rolf also provided us with banans to feed the animals and the most wonderful Monteverde coffee. If your looking for clean, comfortable, and cheap check out the Rainbow Valley Lodge.
Gordon and Tanya
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rainbow Valley Lodge Monteverde is close to the town of Santa Elena, about 15 minutes walking or 3 minutes in a vehicle. With only eight rooms and no neighbors close by you can enjoy peace and quiet in a forest setting. We have Wi-Fi signal in all rooms. Clean rooms with hot water, possible chance to see animals right outside the rooms and owner help with guides and activities. All rooms have coffeemaker and Monteverde coffee plus small refrigerator. Parking near the rooms. Prices compare very favorably to other accommodations in Monteverde. We are not 5 star so please do not expect total luxury! We hope to see you here! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Rainbow Valley Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rainbow Valley Hotel Santa Elena
- Rainbow Valley Lodge Monteverde, Costa Rica - Santa Elena