We stayed in the upper level room and the views are wonderful (much better choice than the other options). This little place is set off the main strip which is nice because Monteverde can feel a little like a college town at times...the room was basic and furnished simply but had all the amenities needed including your own kitchenette on the glass surrounded balcony. In the morning we were greeted by a family of about 20 coatis with babies coming up and climbing the trees eating the fruit - was wonderful! Rolf offers excellent service and is very welcoming. Basic accommodation but well worth it for the views, wildlife, service and privacy...not to mention the incredibly reasonable rates!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rainbow Valley Lodge Monteverde is close to the town of Santa Elena, about 15 minutes walking or 3 minutes in a vehicle. With only eight rooms and no neighbors close by you can enjoy peace and quiet in a forest setting. We have Wi-Fi signal in all rooms. Clean rooms with hot water, possible chance to see animals right outside the rooms and owner help with guides and activities. All rooms have coffeemaker and Monteverde coffee plus small refrigerator. Parking near the rooms. Prices compare very favorably to other accommodations in Monteverde. We are not 5 star so please do not expect total luxury! We hope to see you here! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Rainbow Valley Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rainbow Valley Hotel Santa Elena
- Rainbow Valley Lodge Monteverde, Costa Rica - Santa Elena