We stayed at the Hotel Stubaierhof for our annual skiing holiday. As a family with 2 young children we felt that the hotel was ideally equipped to meet our needs. At circa EUR 1,750 for all four of us (HB rate including lift pass) this hotel represented exceptional value for money. The food was good, and contrary to other comments previously posted, we found that the menu was varied and plentiful. Notwithstanding the occasional 'local cuisine' there was ample menu choices to meet the tastes of all palates.
Due to a late booking we could not get into the main hotel, so we were accommodated in the 'Fuxhof' apartments. The 2-3 minute walk from the main hotel was more than compensated for by the ample space afforded in these family apartments (c70 square meters!). The room was serviced daily and the cleaning staff ensured that it was spotlessly clean (even with our constant mess making).
The hotel itself is well appointed with a swimming pool, fitness suite and spa. The children particularly enjoyed the play room which also offered the adults some respite at the end of a long day!
The only slight negative was the geographic dislocation of the hotel from the main skiing area - albeit this is pretty much in common with all other hotels in the Stubai valley. That said, an early breakfast followed by a 20 minute drive still got us to the base of the mountain in time for the first lift of the day. Even with a fairly heavy snow falls the roads were always kept clear and we had no problems getting to or from the Stubai Glacier.
Hotel staff were superb and couldn't do enough to ensure that we all had a pleasant stay. We will definitely be booking again next year, although I suspect that we will try and book a little earlier for a room in the main hotel.
In summary, an excellent hotel that truly meets it's 4* remit whilst also retaining an exceptionally competitive price structure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The wait for that much-needed break is finally over!At least you can recharge your batteries and submerge yourself in the wonderful mountain world of the Stubai valley. The Hotel Stubaierhof Neustift offers the perfect mix of down-to-earth originality, Tyrolean tradition and modern practicality.Numerous additions and modernisations have been put in place to guarantee you unforgettable holidays here at the Stubaierhof. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, seekda GmbH, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and HotelsClick so you can book your Hotel Der Stubaierhof reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stubaierhof Neustift Im Stubaital
- Hotel Der Stubaierhof Austria/Tirol