“Good and quiet” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Obzor
A TripAdvisor Member
“Good and quiet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I stayed for 2 weeks in the new building. Staff's cool, food's nice, cleaning is alright (found spiderwebs under couch and the windows weren't always cleaned), a little bit complicated to get into the restaurant but you get used to it, nice activities, I trully enjoyed myself there.
Bad thing is when it rains, the new building leaks :/ and that bridge is funny, not for everybody tough
and they should replace the broken umbrellas as fast as they can, leaving them broken is of no use
Quiet and a lot of food and drinks everywhere

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Petya R, Guest Relations Manager at Sol Luna Bay, responded to this review, 20 November 2014
Dear “TripAdvisor Member”
Thank you very much for your feedback and for choosing Sol Luna Bay for your holiday. We appreciate your opinion because this can help us to improve ourselves.
As for your comment about the leaking water in the new building, there was a big storm here during your stay. It was case of emergency in the whole municipality of Byala. And we were lucky at this situation, because some of the other hotels in this area had bigger damages. Anyway, we are very sorry about this inconvenience. Thank you also for your recommendations, we will do our best to be better next season.
I hope that we will be able to welcome you again in the near future as our special guests.
Best regards,
Quality Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Lithuania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Our family of 5 (children 4,6 and 17) went to Sol Luna Bay for the second time this year on the second half of June. Last year everything was amasin, so we decided to stay in Sol Luna Bay for the second time. Actually it was a mistake, because it was much worse that the last year and the main reason was really bad food. All my family had stomach ache for several times and frind of us went even to the doctor, because was sick for 3 days:(

This is nor good decision to choose the same hotel for the second time, because if there is something amasing no way to get the sam e feeling in the sme place.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Vilmute
Petya R, Guest Relations Manager at Sol Luna Bay, responded to this review, 4 October 2014
Dear “Vilmute”,
First of all I would to thank you for choosing Sol Luna Bay for second time and for your comment in Tripadvisor. At the same time we are very sorry that this year you could not enjoy 100% your holiday.
As for the food it is normal that some of the dishes do not meet your taste, but we have 2-weeks menu and also two thematic restaurants. We are very sorry that all your family had a stomach ache , but we can assure you that it was not because of the food. This gastric flue is typical for the hot summer months. The hotel is also certified by the standards of HACCP and ISO 22000. This means that from each dish we are leaving a sample, and in cases like yours, we can prove that gastrointestinal problems were not caused by food. Finally, we have more than 1400 guests and if there was problem with the food, all of them would have the same problem.
We have a lot of guests who are coming for second, third, fourth or even more times, which is proof, that Sol Luna Bay is improving the product that offers. We strive to become better, year by year!
This time we could not covered your expectations but I am sure that if you give us another chance we will do everything to make you feel comfortable and enjoy your stay.
Best regards,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

Firstly, I believe that part of Obzor will become more developed in a positive way in the next 5-10 years. It reminds me of some coastal resorts in Spain some 15-20 years back. I stayed here for 10 days with my family having never been to the Black Sea Coast before. I have to agree with the majority of the good reviews (food, service, entertainment) particularly around the cleanliness of the hotel. There is always somebody cleaning something either the floor, tables, elevators etc.
However, there are some points that I feel need attention:
1) The main pool looks a bit 'worn out' particularly around the edges. There are pieces missing, falling apart or a bit scruffy. I don't think this is a maintenance issue but think the pool needs a little refurb. The kids pool looks like that this was updated recently as this was better. The water park up the road is brand new and the slides and kids area is great. You don't pay to go to this if you are a hotel guest.
2) As reviewers have mentioned, it is situated right on the beach and it is private for the hotel guests. The sand is golden and the sea is nice albeit a bit rough sometimes. There are lifeguards there. The issue with this beach is cleanliness. The whole time I was there it was not 'combed' to rake out bits of litter like cigarette butts etc.There is a lot of sea debris on the beach as well which also is left there.
3) If you ask for a late check-out they are generally accommodating but the prices they charge are high. Check out is 12, if you want to stay until 16:00 you pay 60 Euro and until 18:00, 100 Euro. I see this as excessive.
4) This is an all inclusive resort which means 'local' alcohol is served (no brands) This is OK but they don't make this clear enough as on the shelves behind the bar is all the brand named spirits. This causes some conflicts with the guests which I saw one bar man get really aggressive and rude to a guest as he didn't realize this was the case (this person was an exception as everybody else was very polite) I don't think it was the guests fault, I just think they should make this clearer.
5) The rooms are compact but are enough. The decor is OK but would question the designer putting cream carpet in a beach resort hotel. This means the carpet gets stained and there were several stains on the carpet which made the room look grubby. The television was old and didn't work properly either. The bathroom was basic but again super clean.

This was overall a good 3/4 star hotel but as I said above, some things need looking at. I will say that the animation team were one of the best I have seen and the head of this group (didn't catch his name) was an excellent entertainer and professional. He led his team well and was a perfectionist.

Room Tip: Get a sea view room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank CZonholiday
Dear “Czonholiday”,

First of all I would like to thank you for having stayed in our hotel and for the time spent to write such an extensive report in TripAdvisor as well. We appreciate your opinion and take your comments very seriously, because that helps us to improve ourselves all the time.Yes, there are lots of things which should be repaired or changed for the next season ...But we are trying to do our best to meet the guest's expectations and to provide the best service we can offer.
Regarding the beach cleanliness, I can assure you that we clean it daily and there is always somebody from the staff taking care of it. Also there are more than enough trash bins and pots for cigarettes.
As for the Late Check-out, I just want to make it clear that the official currency in Bulgaria is Leva, so the prices are in leva , not in euro . Everywhere the check out is till 12:00 o`clock, staying longer is an extra service, so it is fully normal to be additional charge.
Anyway , I would like to thank once again, for your comment and hope that we will be able to welcome you again in the near future as our special guests.
Best regards from the sunny Bulgaria,
Solihull, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Stayed for 11 nights in June had a fabulous holiday. Hotel staff were friendly and always helpful.
Food overall very good with a wide selection to suit all tastes. We ate in the main restauraunt most lunchtimes and evenings , only eating out in Obzor one evening because the hotel food was excellent. Enjoyed the Italian particularly and the Bulgarian restaurant was okay too.
Nice beach bar close to the new apartments was also worth a visit.
The Animation team were very good and their shows were of a high quality and very entertaining. Special praise goes to Baga and Stil who went out of their way to make us feel welcome.
We have been to some nice hotels but never one that was kept as clean as this one, this is a definite bonus. This was particularly welcomed in the restaurant and pool areas.
We stayed in two sea view double rooms which were of a very good size and standard.
The location of the hotel is perfect with it being on the beach with private sunbeds. The hotel is also a short taxi ride to Obzor which is a nice town.
We travelled as a family with two daughters over 18. We all had a fabulous time and wouldn't hesitate in returning. Well done to the sol Luna bay team

Room Tip: Request a sea view room. It is worth it
8 Thank JoeLa1961
Petya R, Guest Relations Manager at Sol Luna Bay, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear “ JoeLa1961”,

Thank you very much for choosing us for your stay and for the great feedback about our hotel! It is always a pleasure to know that we have exceeded guest’s expectations, “….and more” like you wrote in the title of your review.
Thank you very much also for the good words about our food, rooms, cleanliness, location and animation , of course. We will send your gratitude to Baga and Stil
We wish you a wonderful summer and we all look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again as our Guest in a near future.

With best regards,
Cologne, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Overall, my impression of this resort is very good. Just steps away from being perfect.
Advantages
- lovely grounds & beach
- very clean everywhere
- big large rooms (in the new building opened 2014)
- energetic entertainment team
Disadvantages (could be improved and so there would be no more disadvantages)
- the food: although good in quality, taste and diversified, it would need a lot more imagination from the chefs. Except for the sauces being replaced, basically it was unchanged. For a guest staying at least for a week, you are going to end up eating in the last days only pizza and grilled meat. And I am not a pretentious eater. I am just recommending more culinary imagination.
- the cold indoor pool: I chose this hotel because of the indoor pool, never thinking that it might not be heated. If you bother investing in an indoor pool, why not heat it? It doesn't make sense to me. The sea was cold, the outdoor pools were cold, so were is my 2 year old supposed to swim? They said it is only heated in the low-season. Again, I don't sea the point of having a COLD indoor pool. Even when it rained for a couple of days, it was most of the time empty, which makes sense.
- a bit remote and so it might get boring if staying longer

Room Tip: Don't choose the new building if you bring strollers, because it is somewhat difficult to pass t...
3 Thank Ares-Traveler
Petya R, Guest Relations Manager at Sol Luna Bay, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Dear “ Ares – Traveler”
Thank you very much for having chosen Sol Luna Bay Resort for your vacation and for the time spent writing a review in Tripadvisor. Thank you also for the good words about our beach, cleanliness, rooms and animation.
We know that we are not perfect but we are working on this. And reviews like yours are giving us more power to improve ourselves.
Regarding the disadvantages that you wrote I want to make it clear that we have 2-week menu, with more than 100 different products for lunch and dinner.If you want something different you can always visit our thematic restaurants for dinner. As for the indoor swimming pool we have provided the information to all our partners, that it is working only in May, September and October.
Anyway , thank you for the tips you gave us and I can assure you that we will do our best to improve our product. I hope to be able to welcome you soon again in Sol Luna Bay Resort as our special guests.

With best regards,
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

This hotel is amazing. Spotlessly clean. The beach is lovely. The choice of food is excellent and the drinks included are good including sparkling wine. The animation team are brilliant. There is always something going on for children and adults. For adults there is archery, darts, football, water sports, keep fit, zumba, water aerobics, boccia and there is a show put on every night. The atomsphere is busy and fun. We laughed such a lot while taking part in the darts etc. Obzor is nice, the square is expensive so I would stick with where the locals eat. Lots of shops. Nessebar is worth a visit but more expensive than Obzor. Bulgaria very, very cheap. Eating out for 2 with drinks was around 8 - 10 GPB. What more to say. It is a family hotel so not for those who want quiet. The quality of sleep is great, the rooms seem to be well insulated.
We made some good friends and hope to return some day.

Room Tip: Would recommend a room with sea and pool view
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kefalon
Petya R, Guest Relations Manager at Sol Luna Bay, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear "kefalon",
First of all I want to thank you on behalf of all the staff for having chosen us for your vacation and for your Tripadvisor review as well. We are very glad to hear that you have spent an amazing vacation and that you liked our food,drinks,beach, animation.
It is a pleasure for us to know that we have exceeded your expectations and we are expecting you very soon in Sol Luna Bay again.

Best regards from the sunny Black Sea Coast,
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

no 1. hotel the most immaculate kept hotel I have ever visited the whole cleaning team work 24 to make sure of this no matter where you walk they are sweeping or polishing a big thankyou to all the cleaning staff, location of the hotel is a bit out of the way from the lovely town of obzor but I walked it in less than 30 minutes or take the shuttle bus for 2 lev.. beware of the yellow taxi or taking a long trip with the taxi at the hotel as they try to up the price when you get to where you want or return you to the hotel. ( hotel need to look into this and put a price list up in reception )

kresi the room maid a big thankyou for the way you kept the room immaculate every day was like the first day we walked in, kresi thankyou.

no 2, food. excellent food okay not a lot of choice but always something fresh every day, eggs being cooked fresh for breakfast, fish/meat being cooked fresh for lunch and dinner, we have all done a/I before we know what to expect but this was good..

no 3,staff. always there to try and help you, reception desk 1st class, petya excellent at solving any issues you have the cleaners 1st class always on the go to keep hotel clean, animation team are out of this world always trying to communicate with you and bar staff are excellent after 3 or 4 times they remember what you drink. especially the one called Michael as I called him ( small lad brown hair cheeky sod), theres only to bad members of staff who. no1 looks down at you and that is the main bar staff member about six foot tall the tallest one there hes got an attitude problem along with the the bar manger the male one not yani the female shes lovely he has a right chip on his shoulder..

but all in all the good members of sol luna bay keep up the good work 1st of the hotels i have holidayed at that I am seriously thinking of revisiting.

Room Tip: sea view a must as you will only be 30 mtrs fro the sea
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear guest “theboy70”,
Thank you very much for choosing us for your stay and for the great feedback about our hotel! It is always a pleasure to know that we have exceeded guest’s expectations.
Thank you very much also for the good words about our cleanliness, food, staff and animation team. I will forward your regards to all of them.
In regards to the taxi of the hotel – there is a price list at the reception, with fixed price depends on the number of people and destination.
However I thank you once again for the good words and we are expecting you soon again as our special guests at Sol Luna Bay Resort.
Greetings from Bulgaria,
Quality Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Obzor
Club Hotel Miramar
#3 of 35 in Nessebar
Sol Nessebar Palace
Sol Nessebar Palace
#1 of 35 in Nessebar

Been to Sol Luna Bay? Share your experiences!