“dissapointing experience due to the hotel management” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Obzor Beach Resort

Obzor Beach Resort
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Obzor
Warsaw, Poland
“dissapointing experience due to the hotel management”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2010

We stayed two weeks in this resort. We booked half a year in advance and prepaid for 85 sq.m. apparament in quiet location - block G but we were offered 65 sq.m. instead. Obviously we claimed that but thet the hotel management offered us 85 sq.m appartament in a very noisy location facing amusement center and disco. We asked for another location but we were refused therefore we took it as unfair treatment.
Therefore be aware that you may face same problem. Very often there has been a problem with an air condition and in over 30 C temperature it was hardly accepted.
Generally the staff is not friendly and trying to avoid the guests. In my oppinion the main issue is a fact that the best appartaments are privately owned and are occupied by the owners or their friend so the hotel offers less attractive apps but at full price..
Hope that the increasing competition will force management to improve the service

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Slawo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2010

This was our first time visitng Obzor . We were pleasantly surprised . The town itself is small , but beautiful , because on one side you have Black sea and right behind you is the a mountain .The hotel we stayed was 2 blocks away from the beach , it was new , cheap and pretty clean . The only thing we didin't like it is that if you don't ask for house keeping , nobody would come . There are pleanty of restorants - we are satisfied with the food , about the staff working there - mostly friendly , but there are some rude servers , I think it will take at least 5 more years for this East Europe countries to have a good customer servise .
The beach itself is very clean , water is clean to . There is entarteiment for everybody I think from little children to teens , young people , families .
I would go back there again after all the pluses are a lot more , than minuses and it is not expensive at all

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank stoyna
wrexham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2010

Hi I just returned from Obzor, I stayed at the resort with my mother who is disabled on a half board basis. Although they get your money in advance for breakfast and dinner, they think that your getting your meals FREE with your room. So the food is served lacking in choice and luke warm bordering on cold on some occasions. Because it was end of season we only had to eat in Block D for 3 off our meals (2x breakfast and 1 x Dinner) and then told we could have our free meals in thier Piralia Resturant, I quickly pointed out that we had already paid for our meals with the room. We arrived for Dinner very dissapointed that meals were no better, in fact a little worse than at Block D and then the following night the animation staff arrived just as I`d checked out what was to eat and pushed in the queue and cleared all that was there. So we ordered from the menu, we were served eventually with what I can only say was an average meal, no trimmings and luke warm. For the remainder of our stay we ate out at a lovely pizza resturant we found on the square in Obzor town, a lovely girl called Betja could not do enough for us and a meal that was pretty well anything you could fancy was on the menu, all served hot and with a smile. We spoke there with a nice Dutch couple who`s daughter stayed at the beach resort in June, they were staying on a self-catering basis on her advice as the food was no better early on in season.
Our room was comfortable and kept clean by the maid and had a fantastic sea view, but the first room we were offered was on the side of the block, so I asked to change and we got moved but you have to ask for a Full-Sea View when booking.
I think its a shame that the food didnt live up to much as otherwise we would be going back next year. My opinion is that they should get some better Chef`s, happier dining room staff and spend some money on equipment to keep the food warm. They would then have a little gem of resort.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
Copenhagen, Denmark
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2010

We stayed at Obzor Beach resort for a week and we can safely say that it is the worst experience we have ever had when it comes to vacations. When we checked in, the the floor of the apartment was covered with sand. Being the first day, we were willing to overlook this little inconvenience. However, over the week, we realised that shoddy service was the hallmark of this place.
The Resort boasts three restaurants, all of which seem to be vying with each other for the honour of most sub-standard service and appalling food. The staff at the restaurants is incredibly rude and un-co-operative. What is unforgivable is that they serve tap water in mineral water bottles. When I ordered mineral water, I was brought an opened bottle. When I asked for another bottle which was sealed, I could clearly see a visible difference in the clarity and level of the water in the two bottles. (Restaurant Paralia)
At the Tropicana Beach Bar, I ordered a Pepperoni pizza (which is on the menu). The pizza I was served was covered with lumpy cheese and slices of pale tomato and no sign of pepperoni. When I brought this to the notice of the waitress, she pointedly told me that 'In Bulgaria, we do not have pepperoni'!!! She then stomped away with the pizza and I was neither offered a replacement nor the menu to make an alternate selection.
The buffet breakfast at Castello's is only palatable because well, you have no other choice.
The staff at the reception point blank refuse to answer any questions when you ask for assistance. For instance, if they know what are the timing of the buses to Varna, they tell you to take a taxi. (Price difference -USD 27 approximately). When we asked for a late checkout, the night manger asked us (note that I say asked and not requested) to speak to the day manager the next day. The day manager agreed, but conveniently forgot the agreement and claimed ignorance on the day of departure.
If you think you can melt away these annoyances by a visit to their spa, guess what, you are wrong again. All their treatments are administered by staff who reek of cigarette smoke and display neither knowledge of massage nor simple curtesy. Most of their treatments involve leaving you in a darkened room for 25 minutes after having rubbed you indifferently with oil.
The positive points of this place are the apartments themselves, which are very functional, comfortable and pleasant. Additionally, the receptionists at the spa are well-spoken, well mannered and courteous to the point that they are an incongruity in that awful place!
So if you are looking for a memorable holiday, Obzor Beach Resort is simply NOT the place to go. If you are a masochist, then hey, be my guest!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
8 Thank Croseus111
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2010

Visited Bulgaria for the first time and we loved it and especially our stay in Obzor beach resort! This was the perfect place for a family with young to teenage children. Black Sea was perfectly tempered at this time of year, with waves for fun baths. During our stay the weather was pretty shifting, from (mostly) beutiful sunny and calm to nearly storm and red flagged beach. But the yellow flagged days was the most fun for both adults and children (from 7 years old). :)
We loved the 4-room apartment with two balconies and large rooms.
We were satisfied with the service apart from the cleaning. This was poorly and when I asked the cleaning lady to clean the toilets after our 4th day she did but only on the toilet I pointed at, not the other one in our apartment.
This hotel is pretty new and my suspicion is that it is not very well built since we had a water damage (coming from one of the bathrooms) in one of our rooms, and when it was (really) bad weather the rain leaked into the apartment...
However we love to come back here. Obzor village is a very nice little village with nice people and great restaurants.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Multimummy
NJ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2009

If you have kids, this is the place to go. Looking from a mother perspective with a 2 year old this place has beautiful beaches- soft sand, playgrounds, baby-zones in the pool, late night entertainment that focuses on children and even a day care if you want. If you want you can have a kitchen in the room. Small supermarket downstairs so if you need anything just run downstairs. For adults during the day you had entertainments such as volleyball, yoga, Aqua aerobic, golf, etc. Late at night karaoke, club, bar. The only negative experience that i have from my trip was that the restaurant's food,. I went to every restaurant and I believe their are 3 of them and none of them were good- expensive and not delicious, maybe the only thing that was good is lunch. I was ordering food and as an entree in one restaurant they had shrimp scampi (which is rice with shrimp). It coasted around 25$ maybe a little more and they served me 4 shrimps and green salad. That was ridicules. But downtown is very close maybe 3-5 min drive and delicious restaurants. This place is definitely for "parents" and not so much for young adults, but don't get me wrong they do have something to do there as well. Many people from Denmark, Germany. By the way definitely try going to the spa and getting a massage<-- its worth it.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Aknasko
Hellerup
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2009

We have stayed 3 times in obzor beach resort, both with friends and grand-children All enjoyed it very much. Lots of thinks to see around the country nearby

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank RolfeHellerup
Also consider these accommodations in or near Obzor
Club Hotel Miramar
#1 of 17 in Obzor
Sol Nessebar Bay
Sol Nessebar Bay
#3 of 35 in Nessebar

Been to Obzor Beach Resort? Share your experiences!