Was rather confused the directions to the house as I wasn't driving to house Tina, but bus from Zagreb. I emailed the host and ask for directions, she told me to head to plitvice lakes before heading to the apartment, I told her I have luggages so it will be good if I can leave my luggages first, she didn't reply and I emailed again to ask for the bus stop, she didn't reply again. Luckily I managed to find the stop grobavac motel (5 mins from house Tina), basically any bus that goes to plitvice lakes will pass by the stop so u have to tell the driver early. Went there and she told us there was an overbooking (second time happening to me on the trip), fine I told her its ok since the house is just beside. There isn't wifi and mountain view that I paid for, I didn't complain as her daughter offered to drive me to plitvice lakes (5 mins away). Before leaving the host asked if I want to have BBQ at her place, offering me 15€ per person (what.. I can have dinner at that price for 3 person at any restaurants nearby), I declined. On the ride there I think the daughter's bf was there, his name is mila or something, he asked if we want a taxi back or something (the mom promised us a lift back) at a price of 5€ per person and the driver is his friend, he kept insisting we should take it etc, we took his number and told him if we want the taxi ill text him, he seemed really unhappy, anyway the bus back is only 2 € and it's 5 mins why should I cab right? Oh yes he promised to check for me the bus to zadar the next morning. The lakes were good and we managed to hitch a ride from the locals working at the lakes and had dinner/beers together. Went back to house Tina to make payment, the guy asked how did I get back I told him I got a free ride back he raised his eyebrows and gave the "ok..." Face. So I asked him what time is the bus tomorrow to zadar, he say he will check now (10pm) zz. He told us we should take his friend's cab, 100€. (Kidding me bro how many times you and your family wanna fleece us?). We declined and he say the bus is at 1015. I decided not to trust him and went to the information at 9.15am and was told the bus is at 930 or 1045 (why am I not surprised he's wrong). The whole stay was just bad, every potential moment they try to get our money at unreasonable prices.
Pros: the neighbor house is decent, beds and toilets are clean with ac. No wifi and mountain view which I paid for though.
Would recommend others to book other houses if they intend to visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- House Tina is situated in a small village Grabovac, near Plitvice Lakes National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. House Tina is newly decorated and has 8 rooms categorized 3 stars. The location is a quiet one, the house has a spacious garden all around, with tables and benches for about thirty people. There is also enough space to park ten cars. To make your stay with us interesting from this year we offer horseback riding on a nearby farm. Book accommodation and horse-back riding and experience an unbelievable sense of freedom in intact nature!!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HostelWorld, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your House Tina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- House Tina Hotel Grabovac
- House Tina Grabovac, Plitvice Lakes National Park, Croatia