“A heavenly resort-like feel”
Review of House Tina

House Tina
Ranked #1 of 16 Grabovac B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Hotel Tina is conveniently located near Lake Plitvicka (about 2 miles). It has a resort or hill station hotel like feel. The rooms are built of wooden planks and reminds you of a tree house. The serenity of the green lush gardens, the early morning mist and the warmness of hospitality makes you want to stay longer.

They server breakfast fresh and made to order. The staff is friendly and food is very good. The payment is generally accepted as cash and can be a bit of a non comfort for international travelers. Nonetheless it is immaculate place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Sona_G81

Reviewed 8 October 2013

We stayed one night to visit Lake Plitvice. House Tina is a good location for a visit to the park--just a short drive from Entrance 1-a great place to begin hiking.

The hotel is very clean and our large room was comfortable. We had a very delicious breakfast with eggs, ham, cheese, cereal, juice, and coffee.

We'd recommend it a stay at House Tina if you're visiting the park or want to stay in a country-side setting.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Stayed 2 nights visiting the lakes national park excellent +++ . Tina is about 6 miles away and is delightful . Owners very friendly , standard of decoration excellent and in a perfect place . We have no criticisms whatsoever - stay there.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

After being on the road for almost 5 hours from Split, we arrived to House Tina. The owners welcomed us with smiles and showed us to our room. After settling in, the owner offered us grilled barbecue dinner for €15 per person and being so tired, we happily accepted. We headed down to the dining room and could smell the barbecue, and boy oh boy, it smelled good! The meal was quite tasty and we were happy with our decision.

House Tina is about a 15 min drive to Plitvice Lakes and there signs along the highway. The rooms were clean and the dinning room was beautifully set. I would recommend this place if you are staying in the area for one or two nights. Just make sure you bring cash as they don't take credit cards.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank AnitaGale B
Reviewed 13 September 2013

15 minutes drive out of the national park you will find house Tina. This recently renovated BnB is quite nice. The children were ecstatic to see the new bunk beds, the little balcony looked over the yard where the cook was grilling some lovely smelling dinner. The beds were of the futon quality in nature, a bit hard, but new and clean. Bring your own toiletries as there is no complimentary soap or shampoo. Breakfast was nice and we would love to go back, just more prepared with our soaps after all the fun hiking:)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Annabananahenry
Reviewed 10 September 2013 via mobile

Was rather confused the directions to the house as I wasn't driving to house Tina, but bus from Zagreb. I emailed the host and ask for directions, she told me to head to plitvice lakes before heading to the apartment, I told her I have luggages so it will be good if I can leave my luggages first, she didn't reply and I emailed again to ask for the bus stop, she didn't reply again. Luckily I managed to find the stop grobavac motel (5 mins from house Tina), basically any bus that goes to plitvice lakes will pass by the stop so u have to tell the driver early. Went there and she told us there was an overbooking (second time happening to me on the trip), fine I told her its ok since the house is just beside. There isn't wifi and mountain view that I paid for, I didn't complain as her daughter offered to drive me to plitvice lakes (5 mins away). Before leaving the host asked if I want to have BBQ at her place, offering me 15€ per person (what.. I can have dinner at that price for 3 person at any restaurants nearby), I declined. On the ride there I think the daughter's bf was there, his name is mila or something, he asked if we want a taxi back or something (the mom promised us a lift back) at a price of 5€ per person and the driver is his friend, he kept insisting we should take it etc, we took his number and told him if we want the taxi ill text him, he seemed really unhappy, anyway the bus back is only 2 € and it's 5 mins why should I cab right? Oh yes he promised to check for me the bus to zadar the next morning. The lakes were good and we managed to hitch a ride from the locals working at the lakes and had dinner/beers together. Went back to house Tina to make payment, the guy asked how did I get back I told him I got a free ride back he raised his eyebrows and gave the "ok..." Face. So I asked him what time is the bus tomorrow to zadar, he say he will check now (10pm) zz. He told us we should take his friend's cab, 100€. (Kidding me bro how many times you and your family wanna fleece us?). We declined and he say the bus is at 1015. I decided not to trust him and went to the information at 9.15am and was told the bus is at 930 or 1045 (why am I not surprised he's wrong). The whole stay was just bad, every potential moment they try to get our money at unreasonable prices.

Pros: the neighbor house is decent, beds and toilets are clean with ac. No wifi and mountain view which I paid for though.

Would recommend others to book other houses if they intend to visit.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Superfrank88
HouseTina, Owner at House Tina, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2013

Dear Pei Ying,

Please accept my apologies once again – the overbooking was our fault and you have every right to be angry.

However, we did try to minimize the damage and found alternative accommodation for you in our neighbour’s house. Let me remind you that the other room was higher category than ours, at the same price.

As you’d arrived by bus and we are 10 km away from Plitvice Lakes National Park, we offered free transfer to the park and back, as we always do for our guests who don’t travel by car.

I also gave you my telephone number so you could call us after the tour. You never called, and we were not able to pick you up and take you back to Grabovac. I must admit I don’t understand your anger regarding the transport and our services.

Kindest regards,

House Tina

Reviewed 14 August 2013

The reviews for this property set my expectations fairly high, and, while there were some decent parts, I don't think I'd stay here again.

To start with the good parts: The property was attractive, clean, and had a scenic backdrop. The family that runs it was pleasant to interact with, although they didn't particularly go out of their way to be very helpful (actually gave us a little misinformation when we asked about the park). The breakfast was adequate, but claims that it's a "good" breakfast seem like a stretch (bread and cereal with omelets on request... a piece of fruit would have be nice?). Wifi was functional and fast. It was - at most - a 10 minute drive to the park. It's set up well for guests to interact and get to know each other in the evenings. Affordable pricing.

For the not so good parts: The rooms and bathrooms were the smallest we had in Croatia. Our room lacked A/C. The linens and towels were rough. It was noisy in the evening (while I appreciate the social interaction, I didn't appreciate it being right outside my - open due to lack of A/C - window). Unable to accept credit cards.

I think it was a fairly decent stay for the money, but if I'm in the area again, I'd rather spend more and hopefully get a bit more.

Room Tip: I'd spring for the suites/cabins that were bigger, offered A/C, and were further away from the n...