“Great Family Restaurant”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 August 2014

On the advice of Trip Advisor members I made sure to visit this family-owned restaurant on the Plat portion of our Croatian vacation. Although we didn't get to experience the friendliness of the owner as others did, the service was extremely attentive and polite. All of our food arrived hot off the grill and was delicious. My only complaint was with my dish -- the grilled shrimp scampi. The large prawns were cut in half lengthwise and left me struggling to pull out small bits of shrimp. I left half hungry...and I believe it was the most expensive dish on the menu. Since everyone else in my party was more than satisfied I only held back 1 star.

This place is extremely popular so be sure to make a reservation, as we were turned away on our first attempt. I will definitely return the next time we are in Plat.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Went to King Konoba twice during our recent stay in Soline. It was first class! We had to wait about half an hour for a table on both occasions, it was so busy. However, the ambience in the bar downstairs made it a pleasure to wait. Food was excellent (I'd recommend the Shaslik a la King), friendly service and a great atmosphere. A very clean place, too. One small criticism would be the lack of choice for vegetarians (my wife is a vegetarian).
I notice another reviewer mentioned that the owner works at the airport - all makes sense now. I was served coffee at the cafe at Gate 9 just before getting my flight home, and the guy serving me looked so familiar but I couldn't quite remember where I'd seen him. Busy man!

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Staying in the villas close by we decided to give the restaurant a try. On reading reviews we discovered it was popular so decided to walk quickly up the hill to get a table. On arrival the waitress asked if we had reserved and went to check if there was a table available.
Luckily for us there was. The food was lovely and plentifull. The only reason I gave it a 4 for service was that we were not offered dessert menu (which I'm sure was just an oversite due to how busy the restaurant was)

2  Thank Karen J
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This restaurant deserves its great reviews, the service is excellent and the food is very well-cooked. All tables were reserved on the two occasions we visited so don't just turn up for dinner without booking as you may be disappointed!

1  Thank MelJ433
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Bit bog standard really. Read some excellent reviews on this place and was recommend we try it by a friend. I think people are blinded by the fact it is one of just two main restaurants in Plat though because our visit was really average.

Waited about 15 minutes for a menu (not the best, nor the worst in Croatia) as the two waitresses were busy tending to a full restaurant. The grilled shrimps starter was pretty poor for the missus, but my penne and shrimp was pretty good in fairness. We wanted medium rare steaks, not entirely sure mine was dead though it was that rare. You know it ain't the best meal when the best part is the fries!

If you stay in Plat, you will eat here no doubt, but it will be more out of necessity than choice.