“Superb food with a wonderful view.”
Review of Ar Men Du

Ar Men Du
Reserve with
Ar Men Du is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 18 Restaurants in Nevez
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We booked luncheon here after it had been recommended by friends who had really enjoyed it. We'd been to the beach before but hadn't spotted the restaurant which was a little further along than we'd walked.

The food here was excellent and the staff were efficient and friendly too. Every course was perfectly cooked, interesting to look at and to eat but my favourite were the oysters served with foie gras and a tuna jelly (see picture) it was delicious and probably the nicest dish I'd eaten during my six weeks in France.

The amuse-bouche, pre-dessert and petits fours were all a joy too. Pictures included.

Not a cheap place to eat but a restaurant I would like to return to and perhaps stay the night too. We drove around thirty-five miles to get there and next time I would like to go on my bicycle and to stay the night.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Yes the views are stunning, but wow - what food!

It's been sometime since I've eaten something so good that it's stirred me up inside - this was one of the best meals I've eaten in years - fantastic!

We went for the wine flight, which was so well matched and a good fair quantity of wine per course.

The staff were very helpful as my French is pretty poor, and prices very reasonable for the quality and generosity.

Fab and so worth a foodie visit!

Reviewed 23 June 2013

We had been walking the coast path from Port Menac'h for over two and a half hours and were looking for a beach cafe, a sandwich and a glass of water. What we found at Trevignon Point was Ar Men Du, a Michelin starred Restaurant managed by a charming host who welcomed us in despite our rough walking clothes and our rather sweaty and dishevelled state.
What a memorable meal we had at a very reasonable price. The three wonderful courses were complemented by substantial and delicious bonnes bouches and petit fours which turned the whole experience into a six course extravaganza. We did not have any wine ( to do so would have ensured that we would not have managed the five miles back along the coast path to our hotel ) but I was introduced to the most delicious AOC cider I have ever tasted, grown and made very locally. Every mouthful of food was a new experience and it was certainly one of the best meals I have ever had in France.
The dining room is surrounded by panoramic windows overlooking the islands offshore and the sea. Even field glasses are provided beside the table. The peaceful and beautiful ambience is made possible by the quiet, friendly and efficient way in which the staff glide noiselessly to and from the tables. Although we did not drink I was very impressed by the knowledge, manner and skill of the very young sommelier.
So our coastal path walk turned out to be one of life's memories and we are so grateful to M. Leguen for allowing two scruffy old trudgers into his wonderful restaurant to enjoy his culinary magic.

Reviewed 12 August 2011

We decided for a tour of Brittany on our honeymoon and included 4 days at this little hotel with Michelin star restaurant. Expectations were high and, while the weather didn't allow us to take full advantage of the location on the beach, the restaurant pretty much made up for everything. We ate at the restaurant twice, once we had the menu de glenan and once the big menu for seventy-something euros (something with chemin?). While the first one was very good, the second one turned out to be not just the best meal we had in France, but also probably ever. What made it perfect was the selection of wines that accompanied and complimented the dishes, I definitely recommend you go with the recommendations of the sommelier, we are still talking about this one wine that was like magic in a glass. OK, maybe the honeymoon glasses made everything look especially great and romantic, but for us it was an amazing experience, and people around us also looked pretty happy. The hotel itself is quaint and clean, the service is super friendly, they all speak English and the beach location is great and romantic. The only downside is that, if you want to eat somewhere else, you have to drive there because taxis are scarce and hard to book even hours in advance. Also, Nevez is not the best place to go if you want to go out in the evening. But if you are looking for a few relaxing days by the beach with good food, good wine and a relaxing and quiet atmosphere, this is definitely a top pick.

1  Thank karin_romania
pyroue, Propriétaire at Ar Men Du, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2012

Many thanks for so many compliment.

It is just fabulous for us to make this happen. It was a special time for you and you will remember it all your life I just love it. THANK YOU!!

I think the hotel and the restaurant continue to be friendly and the place will never change as buildings are totally forbiden here.

Just one new interesting matter: We openned on 2nd of April 2012 a bistrot in the center of Nevez (just 4 km from the hotel) and you can eat good and simple meals there with the same wines as you find in Ar MEn Du....and if you want we can bring you there and drive you back to the hotel!

Kind Regards to you,

Pierre Yves ROué

Reviewed 12 June 2011

Very friendly staff and although we arrived early very happy to serve pre-dinner drinks at our table. Food is excellent and very exquisitely presented and described by our waiter.
Booking is a must and we had to settle for several days after our requested day, wine is also one of the Restaurants strong points with an extensive list and staff who also 'Know' their wines, something not always easy to find.
Excellent set menus that help steer you through an excellent evening!

Well Done all the Management/Owners/Staff at the Ar Men Du

2  Thank White-Wolf22

Well, Thank you really!

Yes we love wines!!
I am even so crazy with wines that I spend most of my holiday break in November to go and visit the guys who make our selection of wines!
The good news is that we created a cave in the center of the village of Nevez for you to go back home with a selection of Ar Men Du's wine at a very good price!

Hope to welcome you again in our paradize!

Best Regards,