Hotel Amerique
Hotel Tanagra(Palavas-les-Flots)
  • Breakfast included
Le Brasilia(Palavas-les-Flots)
  • Beachfront
Hotel de la Plage(Palavas-les-Flots)
Hotel Aryett'Plage(Palavas-les-Flots)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsameriquehoststownnoisebeach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 November 2012

We stayed at the Hotel Amerique for two nights across the road from the main building in a room near the swimming pool. The hotel is well situated for the beach and is an easy walk to the restaurants and shops. The hotel was clean, quiet (even though it and the town were full of visitors) and the staff were very helpful. We arrived on a Sunday afternoon so finding a parking space was difficult, but we were able to park our car in the small hotel garage which was a great help. We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2012

We stayed here with our daughter, son-in-law & 2 grand-daughters, as we had earlier in Greece. The 2 parties, otherwise, travelled independently: they in the UK, Ireland, France, Greece, Italy & Spain; we spending time in Greece and France.

The Hotel Amerique provided the only negative experience in all our travels. This was mainly due to the * reception staff, particularly the manager, being defensive and unhelpful in regard to confusion over a booking. (* The exception was the delightful young woman who served us breakfast on our last morning.) A "compromise" to the booking problem was reached but it was unsatisfactory & the experience was an unhappy one.

Processes are not good - our daughter's laundry was returned to her in dribs and drabs, with some items still very damp.

Despite having a pool and jacuzzi on site and a beach close by, additional towels were not available (with a limited baggage allowance, it is not sensible to bring beach towels from Australia). Our experience in the establishments that we've stayed in elsewhere has been the ready offering of beach towels.

We have visited Palavas on two previous occasions. On those occasions we stayed at the Hotel Brasilia and loved it. We booked in to the Hotel Amerique this time because we had not had a response from the Hotel Brasilia to our request for accommodation (we later received an an e-mail from the Brasilia, apologising for the delay - they had been on holiday.) If only we had been patient!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Bluepepper
Reviewed 6 July 2012

This hotel is fairly small but very close to the sea front in Catella De Palafrugell. Breakfast was good and the staff were very friendly. The rooms were tired but it looks like they are going some way to sprucing it up. Felt it was fine for a couple of nights but wouldn't want to stay there for a longer holiday. Bed fairly uncomfortable. Overall ok for the price in a good location.

Catella de Palafrugell itself was pleasant and the prices for evening meals are not bad and competitive. The walks around the harbour/along the river are very nice. We even saw a couple of pink flamingos as we drove in.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2012

Hotel lacked character, as did Palavas as a whole, but we received an extremely warm welcome when we arrived, and the staff couldn't have been more helpful.

We were staying across the road in the Motel building, and because of the time of year, the pool area was closed dowm, and it looked rather desolate. However, bedroom was a good size and it was quiet. Although we didn't eat at the hotel in the evening, preferring to choose different restaurants next to the sea, breakfasts were fine.

Like another correspodent, I got the bus and tram to Montpellier, and if I was in the area again, I think that I would prefer to stay in Montpellier itself. In fact, we moved to the Holiday Inn in Montpellier for our final night.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CalellaDePalafrugell
Reviewed 14 October 2011

I had booked a flight from Birmingham to Montpellier simply because it was a bargain £28 all told with Ryanair. Two nights was all I had so looking on Google Earth. Palavas-Les-Flots on the coast appeared to be closer to the airport than Montpellier so I emailed the hotel who replied promptly that a taxi would cost me about €25. In fact it cost €20. I received a very warm welcome and was given a large clean and comfortable double room. It was a hot day and I was pleased with the efficient air conditioner. I did not eat at the hotel but grabbed a coffee and pastries for breakfast in a nearby café. The town is criss crossed by canals and there are numerous restaurants nearby. I took my evening meals at L'escargot which gave good quality and quantity. A nearby campsite hires three speed shaft driven bicycles for only €2 per day which enabled me to cycle as far as the Camargue. I will definitely return.
On the last day I took the 131 bus from a stop near to the hotel called "Miami" up to Montpellier itself where I spent several enjoyable hours then I took the 120 airport shuttle bus to catch a late evening flight home. Will stay for longer next time!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo