This chateau is located in a large lawn area surrounding it. Many trees are about the property - some quite ancient. There is an ample swimming pool, although it was too chilly for us to partake. A tennis court as well is available. Our room was furnished with everything we needed. I particularly liked the updated bathroom. The breakfast buffet was plentiful and worth the 33 euros. Well situation for touring the D-Day beaches.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set close to Omaha Beach and the historic town of Bayeux, Port en Bessin conceals a treasure that lies at the end of a long drive " Chateau La Cheneviere ". Impeccable lawns, ancient trees and a charmingly old fashioned rose garden... arriving on the estate is like strolling onto the lands of an English Lord who fell under the spell of Calvados region. The manor appears at last, a dignified Norman edifice from the 18th century, it combines the charms of an old house with the conveniences of a cosy English Manor. Add to that an opulent interior, spacious, elegant bedrooms. The dining room, overlooking the park, has a certain grandeur on an intimate scale, while classic cuisine allows you to explore all the distinctive flavours of Normandy, a generous and distinguished cuisine based on delicious local produce, faultless service, a heated outdoor pool, a splendid terrace, and the picture is complete... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo and getaroom.com so you can book your Chateau La Cheneviere reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau La Cheneviere Hotel Port-En-Bessin-Huppain
- Chateau La Cheneviere Port-En-Bessin-Huppain, France - Normandy