My she-who-must-be-obeyed and I had just recently returned from a lovely long weekend in Provence. We decided to stay at the Mas of Loredana and Pascale because we found it ideally located, ideally priced, ideally reviewed and simply because of a "gut feeling". We were 100% right in all our expectations.
1. Location. Perfect for exploring the area since in a 30 mile range you have wonderful old cities, nature reserves, seaside, country side and the lot. Yes, it is not on the pave-way, and you must read the white post at the side of the road telling you were to turn. We managed without a GPS although god forbid, we had to interact with a local and greet him good evening while simply asking where the right turn was. This consumed 2 minutes of our valuable weekend but at least it wast requested just once. The road has some gravel and shallow holes, as expected from any country side location, but since we arrived with a car and not a wagon, the suspensions did the work.
2. Ideally priced. Nothing to add. For the amount we payed, we got a lovely room, with a bed raised above a wooden altar, so it was like our love shrine, warm inside the room although it was 5 degrees outside, a bed with spoiling sheets and including also 2 pillows. When we wasted our time sleeping, it was very comfortable and since iron bars can be cold at night, we simply did not touched them. Ahhh, the smell of green grass in the morning......
3. Gut feeling. We were right this time too. We were treated as royalty, being looked for after every small and big details. We were welcomed with a smile and we left with a smile. That says it all. Although we were the last guest for the season, we received all the patience we could ask for, all the explanations we could ask for, and the total ambiance whispered "tranquility".
Recommend ? A big yes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It's like a milestone in our history...Everything bagan when we first discovered the house and it's 100+ years of history it was like being hit by lightning. The restoration work required seemed ambitious at best,and we really were novices to the game ! Bienvenus en Provence ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Mas Cassaireu D'Auseu France/Provence-Alpes-Cote D'Azur