“Fantastic restauarant” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
edinburgh
“Fantastic restauarant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

We were staying local and were travelling to Nice, Cannes, St Tropez, but this was actually one of the best restaurants that we visited.

An imaginative and well thought out menu. The food was exceptional.
If I could pick a fault it would be the slow service but then Trans is not exactly a bustling metropolis so this is not surprising.
However, if you are within 75km of trans and don't mind a relaxed service then the food here easily matches St Maxime or St Tropez. The best meal of our two week vacation.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

“Lunch first stop of our Holiday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Everything you expect when you come to France and eat at typical little French cafe, as a random turn off the main road.

The food was bloody lovely!!

edinburgh
“Local resto with surprisingly good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

La Pagnol is in the main square of Trans en Provence. It does have fairly random evening opening hours so we only managed to eat here once during our trip, which was a real pity as the food was excellent. We ignored the a la carte and went for the recommendations, which initially looked quite pricey, but what you get is a really well put together plate of food. My husband had lamb chops, which came with veg, a salad wrap, a spicy sauce and two our three other elements. I had a melted camembert, which again came with lots of accompaniments - salami, cornichons, potatoes, salad, bread, etc etc. I couldn't finish it or fault it. Some of the service was a bit sticky but that's because our high-school French is really bad! Patience and a bit of miming saved the day.

Oh and I think this is one of the only places we went to that didn't just have nuggets or hamburgers on the children's menu, JuniorJoey had a lovely piece of grilled salmon with potatoes and salad, which was very much appreciated.

• Visited July 2014
Douglas, United Kingdom
“Not good, possibly the worst food in France...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

I ordered what I thought would be beautiful gambas (king prawns) to start, they appeared to have been prepared earlier and frozen, instead of being succulent, meaty and juicy, they were reduced to something I had to send back to the kitchen. I tried one to be brave (I like good food and will try anything) but it was too much for me, they were in fact terrible.

The waiter didn't apologise, just asked if I wanted anything else. I declined.

Then the main, we both had duck, which could have been quite nice except it was presented with a cassis and Porto jus which, due to its quantity pretty much ruined the duck.

We left feeling robbed.

It was like a comedy, we chose to sit under cover to avoid the few Mosquitos and to have a smoke free atmosphere, only to find that the waiter invited the table next to us to spark up (yes inside - they were as surprised as we were!)

Looking at what others were being served, we were not just being fussy.

Won't be going back and certainly would not recommend....

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
New Jersey
“Traditional Regional Cuisine at its best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

Bordering the water, this restaurant offers traditional food at its best. The food was fresh and delicious. A must try is their planche of a variety of seafood which was overwhelming in quantity. The waitstaff was friendly but overworked at times.

• Visited August 2013