Hotel Residenz Babenhausen
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Hotel Am Rathaus(Munster bei Dieburg)
  • Room Service
Bischoffs(Rodgau)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 June 2013

I was to Babenhausen for yet another two days IT workshop. Didn't expect too much of the hotel but it was conveniently close to FRA so, following the recommendation of a colleague, there we went.
Well, it was really fantastic. The hotel organized the pick up, and once in Babenhausen I started realizing that this hotel was .. different.
The staff is extremely friendly & helpful. Breakfast was really good, not the usual buffet way. The waitress just came asking again and again whether we wanted an egg, or salmon, or corn flakes or ...
Still in the restaurant, the menu choice for dinner was as big as on a "real restaurant"
And back to the business thing, our meeting room was perfectly equipped both technically and on the "catering" side
Now to the rooms, they were either new or very recently renewed and there was SILENCE, no airco, no cars no nothing, I don't remember having slept so good in a hotel since a very, very long time.
So, we already decided the place for our next workshop ;-)

Tip for runners: The hotel is just a couple hundred meeters away from a big and beautiful forest with well maintained dirt trails, really a pleasure running there, I even met a deer!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Wow, so now we know how the Queen and her consort are treated when they travel abroad. We asked when breakfast is served. Answer: "5:30 am to 11 or whenever". And you know that truly makes sense. No where else we stayed in Europe was the breakfast hours so generous.

Breakfast was delicious, they served champagne. I asked for a fruity tea after eating, and I swear -out came a tea cup and tea bag that said "fruity tea"! I had come down earlier to get a cup of coffee while waiting for my consort, they were so concerned that I wanted to wait a while to eat. The wonders from the kitchen kept on coming out when we both were sat down for breakfast. .

The room was very nice and modern. They even had all the toiletries you might ever need-even toothpaste, toothbrush, nail file, razor, shaving cream. I have never seen such an assortment.

We asked about using a computer during registration. Of course, no problem at all. A nice young man hand delivered a laptop to our room. He left so fast, it was apparent he did not expect a tip for this nice service.

When Herr Todic heard that our Garmin GPS was not working, he offered to lend us his personal GPS to use during our trip!

My consort's previous stay in Babenhausen was in the old US Army kaserne during 1962-1963, if that had been half as pleasant as this stay, he might have reenlisted.

Our visit was on April 16, 2013.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank tucsondesertrats
Reviewed 6 November 2012

This is one of the very few hotels in Babenhausen...i think they have 2 seperate building diagonally opposite......we r staying in the older building.older building...precisely building 1 has bigger rooms.

The hotel is excellent when it comes to cleanliness.the staff is very HELPFUL and KIND.u ask them and they would go out of their way to help you.They also have a setup for fine dining which u wil hardly find here......though we have not eaten but we see it pretty crowded on weekends.so i guess the food must b good.

Free wifi in rooms.
Free bicycle for use while ur stay.
Central market is nearby...may b 2 kms away....takes 15 mins by bicycle....here u have stores like REWE,PENNY,LIDL etc to almost everything edible....there is also a store where u can buy decent cheap winter clothes and boots.

Station is very close...10 mins on bycle...1km away

if anyone is looking for Halal food then u can ask at the hotel for MARKEZ...they serve Halal donor and pizza.

Room Tip: you can ask for big twin bed in building 1 if u want a big room
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Although slightly out of the town center the hotel was the best I stayed in during a week of travel in Germany. Service both at check in\out and the restaraunt was first class - they could not do enough for you. The room had everthing you need, great shower and there is even a gym and sauna. My boss has very high standards and was blown away by this hotel. To top it all, the company we were visiting (glabal leader in automotive component manufacture located in same town) uses this hotel to house international staff coming to the area for training - suffice to say they expect a certain standard of accomodation! Will definately use this hotel again. Thanks to all the staff.

Room Tip: Only stayed in the detached block, which I think is more modern than the original rooms over the bar anf hotel. No complaints what so ever.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Peter B
Reviewed 18 September 2011

well, about the hotel, it's a decent place, not very fancy. has decent rooms, with amenities and cooking arrangement upon request. really liked the kitchen and the willingness of the staff to help, specially being a vegetarian ! free parking is a great help.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple