First of all, despite the overall rating, this is a great Hotel for the following reasons:
1. Owning to the people who work there, that would go out of their way to accommodate requests and problems. For example, when air condition was leaking on the electricals, the curtain and the carpet, I was swiftly changed to another spacious room. Thanks to the front desk manager, general manager and the rest involved.
2. Congratulations to the Chef as the food is excellent, though we opted for the lunch option as there are excellent places to eat dinner outside. We have discovered a great Taverna called "FALAREIKA', with fresh fish caught daily by the owner!!!
3. Great for families with kids too, who spend most of the day by the pool, if you don't mind that sort of thing and the noise.
4. Spa is great too, albeit VERY expensive...
Now, some constructive criticism:
1. The Hotel is tired, with a 60s feeling, and it is totally inappropriate to market and sell a 5* product with the rates/prices that go along with it... The overall infrastructure, and especially the rooms in particular, are in need of an overall refurbishment; old, kitch decoration, old (army-style blankets) etc.
2. Rules are not obeyed by the pool and nobody takes a shower before entering, especially the kids who run everywhere in the grounds, including the gardens and then dipping in, bringing all sort of debris in the water... there is nobody appointed to watch them either.
Hope that helps
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Right in front of the beach of Kamena Vourla, this hotel is just 90min drive from Athens. Lamia city is only 15 minutes drive. The hotel prouds itself to be one of the most prestigious spa resorts in Greece with ideal location in front of the beach and thermal waters coming directly from the mountain Knimis. A family resort with variety of kids' entertainment and Spa facilities in an area of 3000m2 for the adults. An successful combination for the most relaxing holidays. The rooms are very wide and comfortable. They offer either double or twin beds, they have carpet and they are very elegant and cozy. Large bathroom, wardrobe, bathrobes and slippers, mini bar (with fee), bath amenities and free internet in the room are some key features. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Lastminute, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mitsis Galini Wellness Spa & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mitsis Galini Wellness Spa And Resort
- Mitsis Galini Wellness Hotel Kamena Vourla
- Galini Hotel
- Mitsis Hotel Kaména Voúrla