We booked this hotel for 3 days/ 2 nights but stayed for more!
We went there knowing that the room was...not enough for 4, as there was an offer for 2+2 but it was more than ok...
At the reception everybody was smiley and ready to help. The lifts were small and old enough with doors closing on people… I think they have to be replaced.
Entering the room (which was far from the reception) we were happily surprised as it was huge and with plenty of space left, although there was one double+ two single beds in it! We also had side sea view... The bathroom was ok, but there was no window or ventilation or air conditioning… It was hot… and probably cold in winter time…
The pool area was fantastic, although the water was crystal cold! All children were with a huge smile on their faces having a really great time! We had a bit difficulty finding sunbeds and umbrellas and I think that this would have been a bigger problem if there were more people staying at the hotel.
The beach in front of the hotel was not nice and there were available sunbeds only with extra charge.( The hotel has no private beach).
The outdoor swimming pool with thermal water is soooooo relaxing and free of charge. We were given a free visit to the indoor pool with thermal water, which was also wonderful.
Children were not allowed, for medical reasons, to the pools with the thermal water but we didn’t have to worry about how to treat ourselves with the pleasure of hot, really hot water while being with kids at the hotel! The mini club was there for us and our little angels had their wonderful time while we were having ours! The lady at the mini club spoke Greek+ English so everybody was happy. (In other hotels the animation team speaks English or French and that feels a bit strange… although children easily find ways to communicate!)
We went there on a half board basis but we’ve changed it! A club sandwich by the pool cost 10 euros, while for the 4 of us paid an extra 20 euros/ per day for a full board basis!
No words to describe the buffet menu! Extraordinary, with everything that we could have asked for. Live cooking in every dinner and simply food for kids! Beverages were not included. Tap water was provided.
The outdoor sitting areas are enough, but the indoor are not. The lobby, although big, cannot accommodate a lot of people and that was the reason why we didn’t book the hotel for Christmas (Maybe I’m wrong).
Minutes away by foot from the hotel are shops and restaurants and a super market. We also went horse riding and it was fantastic!
Last, but not least, all the people that worked in Gallini resort and spa were polite and kids friendly!
We will come back… Thank u for the wonderful time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Right in front of the beach of Kamena Vourla, this hotel is just 90min drive from Athens. Lamia city is only 15 minutes drive. The hotel prouds itself to be one of the most prestigious spa resorts in Greece with ideal location in front of the beach and thermal waters coming directly from the mountain Knimis. A family resort with variety of kids' entertainment and Spa facilities in an area of 3000m2 for the adults. An successful combination for the most relaxing holidays. The rooms are very wide and comfortable. They offer either double or twin beds, they have carpet and they are very elegant and cozy. Large bathroom, wardrobe, bathrobes and slippers, mini bar (with fee), bath amenities and free internet in the room are some key features. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Bookgreece.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Lastminute, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Mitsis Galini Wellness Spa & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mitsis Galini Wellness Spa And Resort
- Mitsis Galini Wellness Hotel Kamena Vourla
- Galini Hotel
- Mitsis Hotel Kaména Voúrla