I stayed here with my other half in early September for a week and we both had a pleasant holiday.
The hotel is only 15 minutes away from the airport so very quick transfers. We stayed at the back of the hotel in a double appartment which had a large living/kitchen area and a spacious bedroom.
The only problems I had with our room is that we were in an appartment that was below ground level (still had windows but was that of a basement flat etc) and our bathroom window wasn't frosted, SO, whenever having a shower or going to toilet anyone walking by could have a nice peer in. Thankfully due to being at the back of the hotel not many people walked by.. still puts you a bit on edge when standing in the shower!!
Our room also had a slight outburst of small ants by the window (probably another factor of being below groundlevel) but after a hefty spray of insect repellant they dissappeared very quickly and didn't return.
The rooms don't have a hair dryer and the hotel doesn't offer one to rent... So any ladies like me who have a lot of long missbehaving hair may find that a problem! I automatically assumed that every hotel had one so didn't bring my own... Bad mistake.
The aircon is 7Euros a day, we tried sleeping without it for the first night and it was seriously muggy and very uncomfortable. Definitely worth the investment.
The food at the hotel I was really impressed with for value. Its very cheap and has a lot of variety from traditional Greek dishes, seafood and general burgers and chips. A burger and chips tended to cost 4.50 Euros. A full english breakfast is 7Euros.
To buy a large bottle of water at the hotel is 2Euros which was the most expensive we ever saw. If you go down the road to the supermarket a 1.5Ltr bottle will cost you 32cents. Even the shop right next door the water is 70cents.
The owners were very friendly and spoke good English. If you like your coffees I would reccomend the "cappuccino" that they serve. It's more like an Americano.
Overall the hotel is in a really good area. There are other restaurants a short walk away (about 5-10 minutes or so), a bus stop with regualr trips to the city is just 3 mins walk away. It will cost you 1.60 to get to Heraklion. The beaches in Kokkini Hani are LOVELY. I'd reccomend walking down to Knossos beach and purchasing a pair of sun loungers here.
Overall, we paid very little for our holiday through Thomsons although if you haven't yet booked I would try and book direct with the hotel. We could have saved about £100 between us if we'd done that ourselves.
Very pleased with our trip over all :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideal hotel apartments offers a range of 25 tastefully decorated self-catering accommodation from family rooms to apartments.All apartments have two bedrooms, kitchen, lounge ,bathroom, WC, air conditioning and balcony over looking the pool or gardens and are equipped to a high standard with all necessary appliances. Cleaned daily and fresh bedding and towels provided. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ideal Hotel Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ideal Apartments Hotel Kokkini Hani
- Ideal Hotel Apartments Crete/Kokkini Hani