We should have submitted a review before now but better late than never. My wife Julie and I stayed in a first-floor apartment towards the back of the hotel at a time when the weather was a little bit iffy. The no-frills rooms were fine, no problems at all, spacious and clean. When we go on holiday we don't expect luxury so this apartment was ideal.
We were well looked after by Maria and the rest of the family/staff. She provided a service well above that which would have been acceptable. One example was that she discovered that I am vegetarian and one day cooked a special vegetarian meal that wasn't on the restaurant menu for me. This included lovely fresh vegetables from the garden next to the hotel. So much of the food was grown in that garden, so fresh and tasty.
Because of the temperatures when we were there we didn't need the air-conditioning - in fact the sun didn't really heat our rooms up very much and the nights were cool.
Kokini Hani itself has suffered from the recession and problems with the Euro and there are a few empty holiday properties. The main road dominates the resort but if you are mobile and can get around you can find some very good places to eat away from the main drag. The beaches are of different sorts so you can choose what suits you best, again if you are prepared to walk a little. Most of the time we were there the winds and sea movements made swimming uninviting, although some more hardy souls weren't deterred. If you don't fancy the beach then the hotel swimming pool is very clean with about 15-20 loungers and a bar around it.
The buses stop just up the road from the apartments and run regularly along the coastal road to Hersonnisos, Malia and beyond in the east and Heraklion (for Knossos) in the west.
We would recommend the Ideal to anyone who wanted to spend their holiday in Kokkini Hani.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideal hotel apartments offers a range of 25 tastefully decorated self-catering accommodation from family rooms to apartments.All apartments have two bedrooms, kitchen, lounge ,bathroom, WC, air conditioning and balcony over looking the pool or gardens and are equipped to a high standard with all necessary appliances. Cleaned daily and fresh bedding and towels provided. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Ideal Hotel Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ideal Apartments Hotel Kokkini Hani
- Ideal Hotel Apartments Crete/Kokkini Hani