Stayed here 7 days in mid August with my family, 3 adults and one child - 5 years old.
Weather was great, just 2 days were very windy with big waves and then the sea wasn't so clean, but still there were no clouds.
The hotel is located 20 minutes from Heraklion. Just across the road there are some stores where you can buy water, milk and so on. Slightly further -10 minutes walk - there is a supermarket, but there isn't much really going on outside the hotel unless you take the bus.Plenty of things to visit in Crete - go for Balos Lagoon (crowded, but amazing). Cruise to Santorini 2 hours from Heraklion.
The hotel is clean, nice white building , quite different one from another, great to walk between them,no roofs and lovely purple flower - 9/10
Rooms: we had 2 rooms, front sea view, in the middle of the resort. There were pretty old, but quite few rooms were under construction, so soon all the rooms will be newly decorated. The best in ours room was the big great terrace, lovely view. The bathroom has shower and it was modern and functional. There is one small fridge. The storage space and the room all together are big enough. There is a safe-box for which we paid extra. Not much to watch on TV - no cartoon for kids. Daily cleaning, every other day towel change and for beach towels change twice a week. No wi-fi in your room. Wi-fi at the reception, but slow slow slow - 8/10
Kid's club - we didn't use it, just visited it. Seemed good.
Food - was average. We had all inclusive. There was nothing to remember, but we never left the table hungry. When you go on trips they prepare packed lunch is you want - 5/10.There is off course Swell, the Michelin stars restaurant which unfortunately we didn't use :(. The pool and lobby bars are nice.
The beach - is great. Sandy and the water deepens gradually, very good for kids. It is like there are 2 beaches, one quiet, where it seemed that we are the only ones, like on a private beach. We used this one as we liked the feeling. The other one with loads of shezlongs. Is there where the animation team mainly worked - 10/10
Overall very good, nice stay, great people
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Knossos Beach Bungalows & Suites is a family owned resort, on the north coast of the picturesque island of Crete, Greece, built directly on a sandy beach with shallow waters, offering guests panoramic views of the blue Aegean Sea, with 39 Suites & Villas, 62 Bungalows Sea View, Water Front and Superior Water Front, and 34 Standard & Family Rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Bookgreece.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Knossos Beach Bungalows & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Knossos Beach Bungalows And Suites
- Knossos Beach Bungalows Hotel Kokkini Hani
- Knossos Beach Hotel
- Hotel Knossos Beach
- Knossos Beach Bungalows & Suites Crete/Kokkini Hani