“Worst Hotel Ever”

and 1 more site!
Horizon Beach Hotel
Ranked #24 of 52 Hotels in Stalis
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Do not stay here if you are English, this this the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. It is dirty the sunbeds and umbrellas are all broken. We went in August 2013 for 11 night all inclusive, had to pay for air con again, food shocking didn't eat there once, beer served in plastic kids party cups, snacks consisted of popcorn and never replenished. When we asked reception if we could buy a plastic pint glass we were told no because English fight on beer. The rooms are all old and full of ants, the staff are very rude do not like the English at all, had to be moved after 3 days thankfully as this was the worst holiday experience, DO NOT GO THERE!!!!

Room Tip: No good rooms
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 September 2013

This is the worst hotel I have ever been to. It was dirty, the food was bad, they didn't like english - the beach is rocky. There is no entertainment, there were ants in my room, rude staff - only paper cups and nasty drinks. We couldnyt even sit together at dinner the six of us had to sit on different tables away from each other and 4 oglf us were kidsm. (He pools were salyt water, you couldn't shower properly - the aircon turns off in the night. When I complained I wa asked to leave.

Literally the worst hotel I have ever stayed in, in all my life!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 3 September 2013

A nice simple hotel, but with a great view to sea and Stalis city.
The beach is at 10 minute walk...beside palms and the sea...so is a perfect walk in the morning...
the food is good, but you should not expect a big variety ...it's a 3 * hotel.
the stuff is ok...friendly and helpfull.!

I would return here anytime for a nice holiday!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank broby0
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I spent great 10 days with my family on Crete. We stayed in Stelios apartments (family rooms)which were parts of the Horizon Beach Hotel compound. Our apartment was clean and spacious but we lived on the ground floor next to the entrance to the building so we could sometimes hear noisier guests at night. I didn't mind that we didn't have a sea view because we spent the minimum our time here. Each day a cleaning lady came, cleaned our room and changed sheets. The towels were replaced once every two days. Sometimes we had problems of the drain in the bathroom.
The staff were very helpful... They adviced us and helped us to rent a car with full insurance for a good price, prepared tips for trips and found me lost pyjamas (from our bedroom) :-)...
The restaurant was simply furnished but pleasant. Food was very good. If necessary, the staff refilled the food. Some guests put a lot of food on their plates and didn't eat it. It's a waste!
The bar was open from 11:00 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. My objection, we had to pour all cold drinks into plastic cups.
We could choose where we would sunbathe and swim. There were 2 swimming pools at the hotel. There was an entrance to the sea from the platform directly under the hotel. I loved swimming there. A sandy beach wasn't far from the hotel (700 m in Stalis). Our children liked playing in the waves here.
As for evening activities, during our sojourn, the staff prepared a karaoke night and a concert of live music.
...I'll never forget a sea view from the main building and the bigger swimming pool...
To sum up, we didn't want to be entertain, we organized our programme ourselves and the hotel service was very good so we were extremely satisfied with our stay. I think the rating of the hotel (the stars) corresponds to the reality.
I can recommend the hotel to you.

3  Thank Ivana Z
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I was in this hotel on july with my friends and the children and it was fantastic ! The view is beautiful from the hotel, the rooms are clean and the food is good. The personnel was great; especially two barmans : Giorgos and Thio who are very nice for the clients and irreplaceable during the hotel's parties. They both work hard to keep everyone happy !

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kasia777000
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We have just returned from 2 weeks at the Horizon Beach hotel. We booked with Olympic Holidays and their brochure described tranquil blue hotel rooms. We arrived in the early hours and and given keys to a basic/dated self catering room in the building next to the hotel with an ants crawling on surfaces in the bathroom. Complaints to reception the next morning met with hostility. The rep arranged another room in the annexe as the main hotel was fully booked and nothing more could be arranged. Our daughter (13) slept on a camp bed even though we had booked 3 beds. Only a handful of British holidaymakers staying there mainly Russian etc Nationals. Very little going on in the hotel in the evening, a singer on Saturday evenings and a Karaoke on Wednesday but few singers. Food ok and no problems with queues but wouldn't recommend this holiday. It isn't a hotel it's a mixture of ex self catering buildings either side of the hotel that have seen better days. Other Brits we spoke to not too impressed either and most people had complained about their room on arrival. Taking issues up with the travel agent, mis-represented in the brochure. Choose somewhere else for your holiday.

1  Thank Sue C
Reviewed 18 August 2013

be careful with this hotel
we booked two rooms for myself and my wife an twin room for our boys (15 years old twins).on arrival we were allocated a family room for maybe 2 or maybe 3 nights - we were only there for 7 nights.Apparently this was due to a flight delay so the hotel decided it was better to give the guest who should have checked out and departed our rooms and we would put up with a family room.After several discussions , a few changed stories , an offer on night two of two room s- one being in block 1 and the other being in block 11 we moved on the 3rd day.to be fair the rooms we were allocated were quite nice and spacious although the agreed complementary air-con was not honored - but hey -they got us away from reception so the other guest could have there turn at complaining! we went all inclusive , we had 1 breakfast , 1 lunch and one dinner and ate out the rest of the time.The package in my opinion is not really worth it and the soft drinks or draft local beer is help yourself and is only available other than meal times in plastic cups.the local spirits available were ouzo or brandy.Stalis is a nice little village with plenty of options to eat out and all the local people were exceptionally friendly.

Room Tip: 516 and 515 when we finally moved were ok -the family rooms very dated
2  Thank treysgawen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stalis
Creta Solaris Hotel Apartments
Semiramis Village
Semiramis Village
#127 of 172 in Hersonissos
Zephyros Beach Boutique Hotel

Been to Horizon Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!