“Absolutely perfection !!!!!!!!”

Anastasia Hotel
Ranked #1 of 54 Hotels in Stalis
“Absolutely perfection !!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2012

My husband and myself returned on Tuesday 18th sept from the most amazing time in the Anastasia . We went to this hotel two years ago and new we would return and we did this year and the hospitality friendliness and the feeling of being part of this hotel was phenomenal !!!!!!! We love this place and staff and manager Michael go out of their way to make your stay the best possible. A special mention to vana and Maria for the outstanding service they gave at mealtimes. A special mention to the maids who were fantastic we wanted for nothing. When we arrived late on our first evening a hot plate was made for us which was a very much appreciated. A beautiful hotel a beautiful island and we will be back next year for the same valued treatment. Thank-you mixalis and all your excellent staff. You made us very happy and enjoyed every minute. :) from Mr and Mrs Bebbington. X x

• Stayed September 2012
7 Thank kathbebb59

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
  • Hungarian first
Halifax
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2012

Just got back from one week at the Anastasia. Great staff. Good food. Good room. Average location. Not the best hotel in Crete; probably not the best hotel in Stalis - it isn't a 5 star luxury hotel, but it's surely the best value 3 star hotel in all Crete. I've read some of the few criticisms mentioned by others: I think they must have stayed at a different hotel. Meals were reasonably varied. Breakfast was great - the bacon may have been a bit streaky - but then so is bacon everywhere in the Med. Beer is E2.70 for 300 mls - that is a fair cut above local bars, but not expensive compared to hotel prices generally. Room 119 was large and very clean ( NB a small stain on one chair in room - and a hinge on a window shutter could do with a drop of oil to stop it squeaking in the wind; but these are tiny points). Our room was quiet, though I can imagine that there may be more traffic noise in high season. The hotel is about ten minutes walk from the beach (turn right out of hotel, under the pedestrian underpass, turn right 150 yards, turn left down road 150 yards, turn right at T junction, turn left 20 after yards down a public path/hotel drive; arrive at sea 150 yards). Top tip: don't book for the Samaria Gorge Trip from here: the gorge is great but a 5am start then 2 hrs spent picking up others is just bonkers; plus as late arrivals at the gorge (10am) you have too little time to do the 12 miles comfortably and catch the ferry at the end. Evening entertainment was a bit cheasy - but it is in every hotel; I enjoyed it. Handy for buses. Many of the guests had stayed there before and had come back for more; I could understand why.

Room Tip: 119 side room was very good, though the sea view from balcony was limited. Front of hotel rooms with...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank wizbangHalifax
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

Just got back from 10 days in Crete, staying at the Anastasia Hotel in Stalis. Chose the hotel rather randomly as the name appealed... couldn't have found a better place. Staff - incredible, friendly, helpful, fab sense of humour. So attentive and kind, I felt like I was part of one big happy family. The hotel itself caters for families, couples, friends travelling together (I was there with my friend - girly 10 day holiday - wish it had been at least a 2weeker!). We were half-board, breakfast buffet is superb, and the evening buffet is also excellent. Plenty of different dishes to cater for all tastes. A weekly schedule of evening entertainment from 9.30pm (with a kiddies disco a little earlier). The hotel is very clean, has everything you need whilst away from home, our room was very comfortable and the team of housekeeping ladies do a great job and are very sweet and cheerful. Well I guess that's if you're cheerful yourself of course, which I like to think I am... Don't go there if you are someone who just complains about everything, people who go away and then right horrible reviews are just haters and time wasters. I think the hotel is top notch, probably as it feels full of love. Thank you to everyone who made my first time in Crete a truly special one, I am so happy and felt so cared for - can't wait to go back next year and hope that I can take my 83yr old grandmother, who is the reason I went to Crete as she went there in her younger days, with my mum and her husband also. I wish this place the best in life as again I say it really is a special place to be. You can lounge by the pool, you can walk to the little strip of shops and restaurants within 5-10minutes, we went on a boat trip and snorkelled, we visited Knossos, an ancient palace dating back to 6000BC discovered, bought and subsequently partially restored (not a sacrilege in my eyes as much is left untouched) by a gentleman called Arthur Evans, think in the 1920s(???). We also fell in love with horses again as we found a horse-riding trip run by a lovely chap called Nikos, you can do a two hour ride which we did as beginners to reintroduce ourselves - couple of days later we went on the longer trip 5½hrs into the mountains (not for wimps, physical and high up - breathtakingly so - best views!!!) - you have a couple of stops, one in an olive grove with a little chapel where the wind sings magically through the pine trees, the next stop about an hour later (after galloping along winding ancient country roads) is in a very old village in the mountains called Mahos where we tether the horses and sit at a taverna for refreshements. There's an orthodox church, it's a lovely place to see as very authentic. There's a little corner shop and another selling some souvenirs - not tacky though! Anyway, for anyone reading this (sorry it's all one long paragraph), I hope you find it all as wonderful as my friend and I did - I wish you a very happy holiday!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank Nathalie S
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012

Stayed at the Anastasia during August 2012. The first thing I will say is that you definitely get good value for money.
Clean and tidy, Great staff who are helpful and friendly, especially the night Mgr Mike.
The rooms are fairly basic, but when your paying 3 star prices, you won't get 5 star rooms!!
(although judging by some of the reports, some people want the moon on a stick).
Entertainment was OK, although if your stay is for 2 weeks, you may wish to avoid the illusion act on week 2!! Funny the first time around. Ha ha.
Food was ok, could always find something we liked,
All in all, would recommend this holiday for family's who would like the experience Crete.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank AngusWBA
Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2012

This was our fifth visit to Hotel Anastasia in 5 years, and we can honestly say that the negative reviews that we read on here before we left are not a true reflection of the hotel or all the lovely staff there! All the staff are genuine, helpful and so friendly, we love going back to visit everyone each year. The hotel is spotlessly clean and the garden areas are beautifully maintained. The rooms are spotless, very spacious and always cleaned to a high standard every day. The food is of a high quality, fresh and delicious, plenty of choice for children, vegetarians and meat eaters alike, with high quality cuts of meat being served every night! The service in the restaurant is first class and the staff work really hard to keep the service flowing, especially Vana who never stops! The bar area is really clean, with plenty of seating for the entertainment evenings, and Kostas and Manos who work in the bar are brilliant! A big thank you to everyone for a lovely visit this year, we will see you all in 2013!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank AnnaChez
Port Talbot, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2012

My friend and I have just returned after staying a week at the Anastasia and I just had to write this review to thank all the staff. We arrived at the hotel nearing 12 in the night, on entering at reception we were greeted by Michael and were told, "leave your suitcases we will take them to your room, we have kept some food for you". He showed us to a table, ordered our drinks and then brought us food!! In all the times I have travelled abroad I have never been greeted in such a friendly caring manner and the food was much appreciated along with the smile!!! The owner then came over and greeted us, yet another personal touch!! What a wonderful start to anyones holiday!!
I found the food to be of a high standard with something for everyone! The ladies that work in the restaurant are 'ever attentive' as are the pool bar staff and owner!!
The food is always hot and there is a good compromise between british and cretian foods!
The rooms are basic but comfortable and very clean. Our room was cleaned every day.
I know I read on one review the 'crickets were noisy' to which I say 'get a grip' dont go abroad!!
Prices at the Hotel were fair, did see some entertainment which was ok but we wanted to explore!! Best entertainment is owner singing Elvis's 'Suspicious minds'
The hotel is in easy reach of Stalis town and Malia. We preferred Stalis and we made a lovely friend at the Paradise hotel where we worked our way through the cocktail list!! Agree with other reviewer 'Beachcomber' pub well worth a visit for live music!!
We independently booked a trip to Knossos palace but we arrived late in the day and it was very hot, so if you go, check what time of day you will get there!!
Would definetly recommend the 'Happy Train' visit into the mountains for 20 Euros fantastic value!!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank annet4465
Middlesex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2012 via mobile

We stayed in the Anastasia for a short break in May last year and loved it so much that we booked two weeks in August this year and brought the whole family along!
So 9 of us stayed from age 9 months to late 60s and everyone enjoyed themselves.
The Anastasia is a 3 star hotel which I think a lot of people forget when writing reviews.
The food was lovely, good full english, cereals, fruit, cold meats etc for breakfast, the pool bar had great snacky stuff for lunch (i recommend the club sandwich and the pizzas), and the dinners were amazing. Lots of choices from huge salads, pasta, soup, local dishes and your standard nuggets and chips.
The staff are amazing and even when run off their feet in peak season, they still make a huge effort to chat and nothing is too much effort.
The kids loved the disco and shows, and we enjoyed the laid back quizzes and bingo. We found the hotel friendly, including the other guests and everyone chats to eachother by the pool and the bar.
We walked into stalis a few times and there are some nice bars and restaurants although we ate at the hotel every night as it was so good.
A special thank you to the staff for making my daughter feel so special on her birthday and for the lovely cake.
We will be back!

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank Becstar
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stalis
Latania
Kastro Beach Apartments
Hotel Villa Anna
Hotel Villa Anna
#7 of 54 in Stalis

Been to Anastasia Hotel? Share your experiences!