All reviews basic hotel small fridge air con on a daily basis family run hotel sheets and towels hotel is located lovely beach lovely family cleaned daily greek pool bars maria
Reviewed 28 October 2009

We spent a great week of holidays in Neon hotel which is located just near the beach. The breakfast was perfect. The owner was very friendly. The room was very clean and it also included a fridge which is rather rare for a hotel in Crete. We hope that next season we will also spend our holidays in the welcoming Neon hotel.

Date of stay: October 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank NaxosLeon
Reviewed 10 October 2009

We first arrived at the hotel and we were not greeted, instead we were given a grunt from the manager across the desk, the daughters took us upstairs which came across as a challenge to do so. The room was okay, but for a couple who were expecting a double bed, we were astonished to find that two single beds with a large plank of wood between them had been squeezed together. Overall we were shocked at the lack of service from the manager, on several occasions we were ignored and left to serve ourselves. We managed to enjoy our holiday despite the hotels lack of consideration, however on the last day we were asked to suddenly pay upfront for airconditioning we were unaware of using, we were catching the mid day bus, and he refused to let us go untill we gave him 50 euros up front. We left with him shouting and screaming and claiming we would not go back to england that night, later on that day we came to realise our £250 camera was missing, we came to the conclusion that after our clothes had been moved around daily from our suitcases, it was evident the maids had stolen it. One of the daughters of the manager was particularly nice and welcoming, we preoceeded to tell the manager this who replied with a sexiest comment.
WOULD NOT RECCOMEND THIS HOTEL ATALL.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank loulou2344
Reviewed 15 August 2009

I wish to thank the manager of this hotel for mistreating, insulting and screaming at us, for because of these, we found a wonderful hotel, half the price of this one, just a few houses away, called Christiana Beach Hotel.
I’m a middle aged woman, traveling with my husband and my 16 and 11 year old daughters. We got to the Hotel where we had made an internet reservation. The attending lady, that we later found out was the daughter of the owner of the hotel, treated us gently and nicely but was not able to find our reservation so she reluctantly called her father. This man came into the reception sighing loudly and complaining that ''he was tired, and we had woken him up from his nap''. He then proceeded to search the computer without even talking to me or looking me in the eyes. He then mumbled something to his daughter and told us that we had no reservation. I asked him to make a reservation, and he was able to, however he asked me to give him my passport and my family's. I saw that behind the counters he had all the other guest's passports and keys, which weren't locked down. I am conscious that the manager needs some information from our passports so i offered to stay until he copied them down. At this point, he asked my husband to bring back the keys and told me that if I didn’t trust him, I couldn’t be in his hotel. Astonished, I explained to him that the passports we have are very special since we live in a foreign country and we have a working visa in them, he then proceeded to shout at me to leave and not waste his time. When I tried to reason with him he told me to ‘sit’ ,to which I laughed since I wasn’t expecting that kind of treatment, and told my husband to talk to him. My husband said he didn’t have anything to do with this since I had planned the trip but he kept insisting that he needed a ‘man-to-man’ talk and he ‘didn’t talk to women’. At these point we stood up and left while he said ‘I’m sorry’ – which he clearly wasn’t. basically, we never got to experience this hotel so I cannot give advice on the quality of the rooms, but the service was not only disappointingly sexist but reluctant to help. I strongly recommend the Christiana Hotel.

Date of stay: August 2009
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank maguiis_62
Reviewed 27 July 2009

we came to this hotel for a week.
one room was well, regular but the second was less than a basic. the bath was bad and all the stuffs old.
the swimming pool small but enough for the hotel and there is nice beach, but we are dissapointed from the managers of the hotel. there are two managers, they are cold and all the time nervous.
they didn't tell us hello even once time and all the time say us bad things, complaint us and shut because we sat in our room with slowly music and entered the swimming pools water buttels!!!
i dissapointed from them and from our room.
they took from us 100 euro about the miror that broken. my friend has injured and the didn't care. 100 euro for smalllll miror!!!
the'y didn't change us the towels even once time and the bads.
there isn't parking!!!the'y didn't give us to put our tractorons inside. we needed to go far away from the hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 July 2009

Just come back from a week at the Neon hotel. Not a bad hotel. the beds are hard like everywhere in Greece, the rooms are very hot so make sure you get air con, the only bad thing is bathroom leaks water from the toilet and the sink but great shower, powerful and always hot water. Never made it for the breakfast, was like 7.30-9. We were getting in not long before that. Nice hotel, but it is about a 20 mintue walk to the centre of Malia. No way would me and my sister walk it! We got a cab there and back everyday. €7 each way and took about 4 minutes. Stalis is a good place to saty if you want to chill out a bit. Still quite lively round the pool, We did not stay round the pool at the Neon but the pool opposite which is alot better. If you stay in the centre of Malia you will have music pumping 24 hours. Malia is WICKED!! Get yourselves out there and av it large!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends