“Good, clean apartments”

Rainbow Apartments
Ranked #2 of 52 Hotels in Stalis
“Good, clean apartments”
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a week and had a lovely time.

The apartments are very basic, or at least the standard ones. They were very clean & regularly serviced, kitchen was a decent size. We had a ground floor room & the balcony was open offering no privacy which was a bit of a pain.
The pool was a decent size but we preferred to go to the beach, a 5-10 min walk away (depending on what part of the beach you want to be on) there is an underpass so the busy road is no problem.
We would return.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Eleri D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Apartments nice and clean with friendly staff. I did think that the pool had a high content of chemicals in it as my eyes stung when I got water in them.
I was there the same time as the party of 28 were. I did not find them intimidating, in fact the total opposite; a very friendly, family orientated group of people with well mannered children.
If the sight of mums and dads interacting with their children and enjoying each others company offends you then maybe you should consider a private villa next year.

6 Thank jillibot
wigan
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed at Rainbow Apartments for 2 weeks rooms are clean and fresh towels and maid service every other day. Not much kitchen facilities just enough to make a brew and a sandwich. Safe 15 euros a week air-con 7 euros a day.Pool area limited need to be up early for a sunbed,pool not very clean just keep putting chemicals in to my knowledge.3 of our party had eye infection 1 had an ear infection, so went to the beach 5mins away.You have to cross a very busy road to get to the beach bars and restaurants and on a bad bend so bit unnerving at times. All that said great resort may choose different apartments next time.

2 Thank anne h
Paphos, Cyprus
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We arrived on a Sunday afternoon for a 3 night stay to join the group of 26 were there. The complex was well run, the staff friendly and the food and drink reasonably priced. I feel that some of the comments are unfair as the accommodation is priced to be budget at less than €50 a night. I felt that this was good value. Some of the people commenting may have been better in a 5-star hotel but as the saying goes "You pays your money and you takes your choice"

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank CyprusLettings2014
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have just returned home from a 2 week break at the 'Rainbow Apts'. We enjoyed a fairly relaxing first week, spending most days around the pool reading, with the occasional walk to the poolside bar for a snack or drink. The friendly service, quality & cleanliness of the place was excellent. However things changed dramatically at the start of our 2nd week when a large party arrived and basically 'overpowered' the pool area! One afternoon, sitting by the pool (trying to read), we were witness to very aggressive behaviour by one of the adult members of the large party, he was using foul & abusive language towards one of the teenagers in the same party, which then developed into a 'bit of a scrap' (in the pool).The criticism here is aimed at the Rainbow staff and/or management for not having a set of rules in place to prevent this kind of unruly behaviour developing. I might add that at the time of this incident there were very young children present, some of which were actually playing in the pool. This can't be right surely! Needless to say we also spent the rest of our holiday at the lovely beach, only a 5 min walk. On a positive note we would definitely recommend the 'Rainbow' for the well equipped, clean and comfortable apartments in a great location for the beach, bars and great choice of restaurants.
Just need to get to grips with the 'sunbed war' !!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
10 Thank Michael R
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I'm one of the 26 and I must say the apartments were more than adequate being clean and tidy, the lower floor apartment have been refurbished and I am told the owner has plans to refurb the whole complex. I must state the staff are very pleasant and friendly and made our stay really enjoyable. The food was excellent too. We met a group from Leeds who were much like ourselves who liked a laugh and a drink, there children were also well behaved. I will admit I told my daughter off for making a splash when jumping in the pool ( it was a terrible jump ). As for sun beds I arrived poolside 10am every morning with my 2 children with our towels over our shoulders . Superb place that I would recommend but not if your miserable and want all the pool to yourself and have the option of 50 sun beds to yourself. I would suggest Scotland not too far from Carlisle . Reggie

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank Lenny1971
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I thought trip adviser was about all about the location/area and apartments not the actual guests who stay there, as per the last 2 reviews. as per the sun beds and towels 1st night we got there people had already got there towels out, 2nd night we stayed there for the BBQ and that was great, but again 2 our surprise towels were been put out b4 midnight, we probably finished off about 2/3ish and yes some of us put our towels out on what beds that were left, as per the rest of the week we were out until way past midnight so those towels that were been put out at 9pm was not ours,
apartments were great as described, pool was great unless u don't like water, staff were great polite and friendly and the food was amazing.
more beds were put out to cater for the above as well.
most of our kids were about 15+ and were polite and well behaved
as per the adults some of the dads had a good drink but were well behaved and so were the all the mothers
sorry if anyone was offended by us it was not intended we were on a group holiday having a good time and maybe a bit overpowering for the size of the site.
once again this is a fab place for family's of all sorts, but if you don't like kids book some where child free and don't go on holiday in the main 2weeks.
thanks again to all the staff for a wonderful holiday.
kind regards, villa party26.

Room Tip: apart from crossing the main road (which isn't that bad) I cant fault it.