We arrived on 1st October 2013 and were greeted by Markis who took us to our apartment and even had a joke with us when my friend asked if someone else would be using the room upstairs. However the good humour didn't last for long. We had 3 evening meals at the apartments and breakfast on the first morning only. We noticed that contrary to reports on TA there was a strange atmosphere in the bar area and everything seemed to be too much trouble for the lady I believe to be Cleo.
Unfortunately we had 3 days of unusually bad weather and when the sun came out on 6th October we took the opportunity to spend some time by the pool, but, when we went to the bar for a Frappe, which Cleo made with her usual lack of enthusiasm, we were accused of not having paid for a meal we had eaten on our second night. As this was 4 nights ago and we had eaten there since that night we couldn't remember who we had paid, and, as receipts are not given at the Irida we paid for our meal a second time. Following a long and public disagreement with Markis at the bar.
For the rest of our holiday we ate elsewhere and were always made to feel welcome by everyone from the lady in the local supermarket to the owner of the beach taverna we used daily for our sunbeds.
Finally, we had to vacate our room at 10:00 on our day of departure, which is not unusual, but when we asked where we could shower we were told to use the outside pool shower! We spent the last day of our holiday wondering how we were supposed to get washed and changed at the side of the swimming pool in full view of anyone relaxing at the pool side.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the renowned north coast of Crete, IRIDA CHIC Boutique Hotel & Spa occupies a place of its own. In between the beautiful beaches of Stalis and Chersonissos and amidst all the tourist attractions this region is famous for, the IRIDA CHIC Boutique Hotel & Spa holds the secret of refined and relaxed elegance in its atmosphere, comfort and service. This is why many before your prefer our hotel over and again as one of the most outstanding boutique hotels of Crete. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Bookgreece.com so you can book your Irida Chic Boutique Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Irida Apartments Hotel Stalis
- Irida Chic Boutique Hotel & Spa Stalis, Crete