“THE RIGHT OPTION IN SANTORINI”
Review of Anna Pension

Anna Pension
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Karteradhos
Belluno, Italy
“THE RIGHT OPTION IN SANTORINI”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

It is like to be at home. Good position in Santorini if you want to travel around the Island. Very close to Thira (2 Km). It is close to many supermarkets and car or bike rentals. The place is very quite and peaceful, good for sleeping in the night. The place is very clean and it has a common kitchen full equipped and comfortable. A small corner for free coffee and tea with tables. The swimming pool is very clean and nice. Anna and her family are really really nice and will help you if you need. After check-out they let you stay until departure. It is possible to ask pick-up and drop-off to the airport (not to the port). Perfect also for families.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Giacomo G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We arrived from ios via ferry and took the local bus to Karteradhos hired an ATV right off the bus and the shop owner took us right to the hotel. When we arrived No one was on the door, I had to press for reception to get someone they arrived quickly from upstairs and showed us the room. We ordered a double yet got two singles pushed together this seems to be an ongoing theme in Greece. The room was large and relatively clean yet for the room size the bathroom was tiny, I hardly fit in the shower. The pool was was clean nice and deep.
Air con worked fine and the fridge was great to have, the wifi worked well for us but this May have been because we were one of the first rooms on the ground floor. All in all it was comfortable and great value for money

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2014

From the ferry terminal at Athinios, a local bus takes you right through the town of Karteradnos -don't hire a taxi!! From the bus stop in Karteradhos, it's about .5 km downhill to the hotel. We rented a quad right off the bus and the owner of the shop hopped on his motorbike and led us to the hotel. We also liked its location because it was outside the madhouse of Fira and yet centrally located for excursions to either end of the island. Room and facilities were quite nice for the price. Bed was standard fare for Greek value hotels. We didn't need new towels each day as they dried quite quickly when hung out on the balcony. Filled the refrigerator with drinks, fruit, and snacks. Wifi was weak and slow but usable. We had a wonderful stay. Ac worked fine this time of year.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dennis J
Groblersdal, South Africa
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Had a lovely stay. Very friendly host and cleaners. Basic but sufficient. Great pool. Aircon was not too great but we survived. Like home away from home. Anna fetched us at the airport and returned us. Had the most wonderful time on the island!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 June 2014

At 20 euros a night, Anna's Pension is a steal! The place is clean, comfortable, perfectly located to access all areas of,the island of santorini, and Anna is a sweet woman.
I have a double bed, which although very firm like most Greek beds, is comfortable. Housekeeping comes by everyday, and they changed my towels after 2 nights. I come and go as so please with no one questioning or bothering me. I am a woman traveling solo, but I feel very comfortable and safe here.
The only critical comment is that like all pensioned, sound travels, so use ear plugs if you are a light sleeper.
If you do not have a car, it is a trek from the bus stop to get here. But once settled, it's fairly easy to get around.
I walked from Fira one night and it took me about 25 minutes. The beach us about a 20 minute walk away. I do recommend a car if you want to see the whole island and only have a few days.

Room Tip: I hear second floor rooms are good to have for noise concerns and view. Although I have a sea view f...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Austin,TX
Reviewed 19 August 2013

This is not a place for your honeymoon but it is a good deal on a pricey pretty island. The Wifi is really weak, the tv is useless and the beds and towels aren't great. The balcony and pool are lovely as are the staff. The son who helps run it, is very helpful. the location is not a problem IF and only if you hire a car or quad bike. I highly recommend getting a 300cc quad bike with a storage compartment. It's the best way to see the island and the 300cc atvs can keep up with traffic. I can recommend Markos Bikes for that. It's not dangerous unless you're an idiot or blind.

Room Tip: private balcony a must
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Chas8Chips
Newberg, Oregon
Reviewed 31 May 2013 via mobile

This was a good choice for me as a solo female traveler. The room was spotless and definitional. The bed was comfortable. The shower was the typical small size you can expect. It is all you really need. The WIFI signal was strong in my room. I had a nice balcony and view. The pool seemed nice although I skipped it. The only downside if you want to have a typical "Santorini" view is the location. It is within walking distance of Fira. For me I liked the room rate as the lower cost allowed me to splurge and rent a car to see more of the island. Instead of paying 4 or 5 times to have the balcony overlooking the caldera, I had a quiet room by night and by day could explore the whole island. There is sufficient parking in the alley next to the hotel. The hotel has no food service and so there are several restaurants in the near area or you can visit the fancy places in Fira. The room had a small frig and tea kettle so I could make tea and store cold drinks. The hotel has been repainted recently and is now a cream color with white trim and blue shutters and doors. To get there take the local bus to the Katerados stop and then walk down the main street. The road curves a bit and it is about a five minute walk from the bus stop. I would recommend this place. I originally booked for 4 days and then extended for another 4 days because I liked it so much.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank StarrsySmith
Also consider these accommodations in or near Karteradhos
Stavros Villas
Katerina and John's Hotel
Katerina and John's Hotel
#29 of 39 in Perissa
Atalos Apartments & Suites

Been to Anna Pension? Share your experiences!