“I love Poppy”
Review of Villa Manos

Villa Manos
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Karteradhos
Reviewed 12 January 2014

"It's because you are nice to people, everything you see will be nice as well" a quote from Poppy, owner of Villa Manos and surely one of the nicest person I've met in my life!

When we arrived at the port, they arranged free transport from the port to the hotel. As we arrived at the hotel, Poppy showed one of her super talents - explained all essential but super helpful travel tips in only 10 minutes.

Because we love this amazing Greek island so much, we decided, spontaneously, to stay 1 more night at Villa Manos. After we told Poppy about it and you know what, she spent her whole day trying to keep our room for us by contacting the new comers if they can switch to another room. Even though she didn't make it at the end, she upgraded us, for free, to a HOUSE with 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom and a LIVING ROOM. Even more, while we were waiting at the lounge, she and her husband (another amazing person) treated me free pizza and orange juice!!!

On our last day in Santorini, because we had some problem with our quad-bike, we didn't catch the bus from the hotel to the port, while our ferry was in less than 1 hour... And you know what, Poppy and her husband, used their OWN car to drive us to the port!!!

There are so many reasons to go back to Santorini again, but only one is enough for me - Villa Manos and Poppy!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 18 December 2013

I had the best time at Villa Manos when I was in Santorini. Poppy is one of the best hosts that I've ever encountered. She's kind, funny and very helpful. I was upgraded to a bigger room upon my arrival and then spent most of my time by the pool with the other globe trotters. When I left, Poppy gave me a bottle of wine, a massive hug and well wishes. The life of a backpacker would be so simple if every hostel experience was like this.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I will not repeat all the wonderful things said about Villa Manos, but I will vouch for this: all the good things said on TripAdvisor are true!

During my whole two-month trip in Europe, this is the only place where I got the best deal for my 20 euros: upgraded from single to double room with my own bathroom, TV, fridge and balcony. Every day, the room was cleaned and the towels replaced. They helped me with late-night food orders delivered straight to my room.

One night when I was about to sleep, Poppy banged on my door only to ask if I was up for a late night drive to Kamari. "Of course!", I said. I joined Poppy's family and two other female solo travellers for a late night munch of chips, lamb ribs and wine! It was absolutely delightful and I gained new friends in one night!

I only wish that Villa Manos is near Fira and that the roads are well-lit at night. I often found myself walking back alone in the dark but I had a torch light so it was okay.

I didn't leave Villa Manos without a hug and kiss, a surprise gift and a poolside pictorial with Poppy. I had an enjoyable stay and I'm sure you will too!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We had a wonderful time at villa manos! The hotel picked us up and brought us back to port, and took us into town is few times. They gave suggestions for the island and offered to set up excursions for us. I would gladly stay there again! Thank you Poppy and the rest of the staff!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We loved our stay there.Villa manos is a family home.Poppy is a wonderful host and treat you like you are part of her family.The rooms were lovely.The breakfast was delicious.The best part of the hotel was the pool and the pool bar.We will definitely return.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 24 October 2013

My friends and I had a wonderful stay at Villa Manos. The location was good and the hosts were absolutely friendly! They were very helpful and warm. Besides the free airport and port transfers, they even gave us ride back to the villa when they saw us looking rather lost by the road near Fira town. The host kissed us all goodbye (literally) before sending us to the port! Thanks to them, we had a perfect holiday at Santorini!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

My friend and I stayed in the villa for a couple of days and we were really satisfied with the place! Poppy is considerate, warm, caring and helpful! We were really touched when she arranged to fetch us from the airport early in the morning (p.s. we totally did not expect any airport transfer as we had forgotten to confirm with her that we wanted to check in earlier :/) She offered us delicious greek breakfast twice over our short stay for free and gave us free red wine at the end of our stay!
Though the villa isnt located in fira exactly, it did not caused much problems to us as there was a bus stop directly outside and it takes only around 10 minutes for us to get to fira. The rooms were cleaned and tidied on daily basis, which made our stay even more enjoyable.
Furthermore, Poppy and her family were very keen to help and offered us a lot of advice on the various attractions in santorini. It truly felt like I was back at home during the past few days. :) I would strongly recommend this place to all!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Karteradhos
Stavros Villas
Atalos Apartments & Suites
Emmanouela Studios & Villas
Emmanouela Studios & Villas
#9 of 15 in Karteradhos

Been to Villa Manos? Share your experiences!