It's been many years since we want to go to Santorini and finally this summer in August we went there. This is really a wonderful and charming island that you must visit !!
We chose as accomodation Kelenis Apartments in Karteradhos because it was central but cheaper than other accomodations in Thira (the capital) and other ones in the south of the island where the nicest beaches are. This tourned out to be the best solution we could get!
We booked our accomodation for 4 persons for 4 nights via internet and Mrs Stathoula, the young owner, immediately thank us for our reservation by explaining us what we will have found in the apartment and when we asked her some more questions she answered us very quickly and kindly!!
We easily reached these apartments from the port where we arrived, by catching a bus that leaves in front of the port destination Thira (pay attention when you pay the ticket: the driver tried immediately to deceiving us by shorting the change!! and this happened to other people we talked with). Stathoula also offered to pick us up from the port to our accomodation for 9 euro per person (7 euro from the airport) but we found cheaper taking the bus for only 2 euro per person (it takes about 20 minutes). The bus stop is Karteradhos, one stop before Thira and the apartments are 5 minutes walk from it. Karteradhos is very close to Thira the capital (10/15 minute by walk) and it is a quit, nice and clean village where you can find cheaper and good restaurants, bars, shops, cars rental and a bus stop with buses from/to airport, port, all the best beaches and villages of the island. So all what you need.
As soon as we arrived Stathoula greeted us very kindly and showed us our 2nd floor apartment overlooking a small but lovely pool. It was quite little but new, very nice and clean, composed by a fully equipped kitchen-dining with a big dining table and 2 single beds, a bedroom with a double bed, wooden furnitures for our stuff and a TV, a bathroom very new and functional (all but the shower as the curtain was not so suitable) and a small terrace with a little wooden table with 4 wooden chairs. The apartment is cleaned every day and the towels and linen are also changed every day. We found the apartment not very spacious for 4 persons but we loved our stay in there, where we had all what we need (included air conditioning) and we enjoyed the pool in the evening very much. The breakfast was not included in the fee: it was 5 euro per person but we did not try it.
Stathoula (who lives next to the apartments) has been very helpful and kind: she suggested us places to visit, things to do and she was at our disposal whenever we need it! She also gave us the free internet connection, the possibility to wash our clothes in her washing machine and she booked an excursion to the Volcano for us explaining all the details (you must go there too: it's worth seeing).
We loved our stay thanks especially to the helpfulness of Stathoula and her husbund (we did not meet a lot of kind people in Greece) and we definitely recommend Kelenis Apartment !!
We hope to come there again!! What a wonderful holiday!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Find the peace you need and let yourself take in the horizon and every little aspect of the rooms we have designed for you. Each apartment offers the truly unique and warm environment that you need to have an unforgettable holidays. Ten comfortable apartments with private bathroom, balconies, kitchen, refrigerator, satellite TV, A/C and free wireless internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HostelWorld so you can book your Kelenis Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kelenis Apartments Karterádhos
- Kelenis Apartments Santorini, Greece