“Amazing Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Karteradhos
Brisbane, Australia
“Amazing Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2011

Stavros Villas is a great place to stay on Santorini, It's a family run business and they are so welcoming and helpful and warm. We extended our stay as we loved it so much. You have to rent an ATV to get around but they are a lot of fun. We watched the sunset from Santo Wines up on the cliffs and it was amazing, highly recommended.

Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank GandL123

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Greek first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2011

I recently stayed at the Stavros Villas for 5 nights and had to force myself to leave!
After being met off the ferry by Stavros, he drove myself and other guests back to the guest house and immediatly I felt so welcome!
My room was great - spacious, simple yet everything I needed. I made use of the pool and lounges, used their complimentary computer and enjoyed so many chats and coffees with Stavros and his family.
The villas is about a 20 mi walk from the main part of Fira, yet there is everytihng you need close by. I had them organise a day trip for me to the volcano and they even transported me to the port for my departure ferry. Such a beautiful family, I felt so comfortable and loved every minute of my stay with them. I would recomend this place to everyone!!!

Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank TravellingDani84
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2011

Booked into Stavros Villas at the last minute for a short stay and from the word go was very impressed their customer service. They couldn't do enough to help you. Stavros gave us lifts to Thira and to the port when we were leaving. There's a lovely, relaxed, family atmosphere there. The price was excellent for what we got. The rooms are basic, but spotlessly clean and our bed was comfortable. I'd definitely recommend this accommodation.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank happytraveller54321
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2011

Steve and his family are wonderful hosts! He picked us up at the airport and dropped us off at the ferry. Also recommended restaurants and got us cheap ATV rentals (highly recommended!) The rooms were simple but good. Location was a little ways out of Fira but not a big deal. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank bmag28
Fredericton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2011

We stayed here for two weeks and it was one of four hotels in Greece in which we stayed. The bed's wern't very comfortable and wern't long enough for my husband who is 6'2, you could also hear your neighbours tv through the wall but the room was large and it had a fridge. The shower also overflowed and the curtain was too short, but I found that was the case in all the hotels I stayed at in Greece.It is about a 20min-30min walk from the hotel to Fira up hill, but you only have to walk up one street, so it's easy to find your way. I didn't find the walk too bad and I'm a 185lb woman who never exercises, it's a nice walk anyway.If you really don't want to walk around, you can rent an ATV for 20euro a day, or a scooter for 15 which is great for seeing the island. You can drive from Oia to Perissa in 2hrs on an ATV, there's also a bus that is about a 15 min walk from the hotel that will take you to Fira or where ever you want to go on the island.We found that Stavros and his family were great and very helpful, although his wife dosn't speak english well and seemed to get frustrated when we tried to talk to her. lol.They have a computer in their office that you can use, but the office had hours so it's not open all the time. They turn the wireless off when the office is closed, and you can't get the wireless signal in your room.Stavros picks you up from the port and will bring you back. He will also help you plan things to do while you're there, like visit the volcano and see the sunset, ect. He reccomends two restaraunts and a bakery. I found the bakery that he reccomended not that great, but there's one just a little ways further up the road and accross the intersection that is really good. We went to the seafood restaraunt that he reccomended and they had the best fried calimari I've ever had. There is a beach not far from the hotel which is nice also, but there arn't many people there.

-I reccomend bringing some detergent and washing your clothes in the sink/shower. Stavros will let you hang them on the line to dry. The laundry mat is expensive and when you get your clothes back they're folded but still damp.
- Also, bring your own goggles if you're going swimming. There are lots of little fish that swim around you. We bought three pairs while we were there and none of them worked well
.- When you're visiting Fira, make sure you wear good footwear, the natural stone pathways can be very slippery. If you take the donkey trail it's fun, but the donkeys are very pushy. I took a donkey up and got my legs jamed against the wall and other donkeys a few times. I also walked down the donkey trail and the donkeys won't walk around you, everytime they came by I had my face to the wall trying to shove them away from me so I wouldn't get stepped on
.- Oh, and bring your own sunscreen the price there goes by SPF and is expensive, 12.20euro for small bottle of 20spf, 21.57euro for small bottle of 50spf.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kleobee
tasmania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2010

Stayed at Stavros villas just outside thira in Santonrini, at first we thought maybe a bit of a hike to town, its around 1 kilometre, but then realised it was perfect for us. Nice place with everything one could need. air conditioning, internet, nice pool with sun beds, a balcony with views of the sea and full sized fridge and cook top which was a huge bonus as it is quite expensive in santonrini to eat. What made this such a pleasant stay was the owner Stavros himself, who epitomised the perfect host. He picks you up and drops you off wherever you want to go, from t he airport or sea port etc, FREE - makes you endless greek coffees and could not possibly be more helpful. His wife doesn't speak much english but smiles all the time and his two lovely daughters are charming - a small family run hotel in a really nice quiet setting away from the noisy main road. At the end of the road is one of the few sandy beaches (black sand mind you), to stay here I would recommend that one hires a quad bike (great fun for 2) or a moped, or a car , it is reasonable ( around 15 - 20 euro a day in high season )and you really need transport to see the island, also it makes the fact that Stavros Villas are slightly out of the main town a bonus rather than a drawback. All the other reasonable accommodation seems to be right on the very noisy main road, and in the actual town of Thira it's all very pricey, so I would say without a doubt this is your best option if you intend to hire some transport. Rooms are around 50 eur a double in high season, or 15 - 20 a single - a lot less in off season - he seems to be fairly flexible about prices as well. I absolutely recommend Stavros Villas to anybody, its such a pleasant atmosphere with such a nice family who cannot be more helpful. Ring stavros when you arrive by boat or air and he will pick you up

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Europe
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2010

Stavros Villas was by far the best place we have stayed on our trip. The value for money was second to none for what we got. On top of that the owner of the Villa's, Stavros and his family went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable. While sitting by the pool, Stavros would bring us orange juices and ice coffees (complimentary) as well as organise all day trips and vehicle hire for us and others staying. Bike rental company even came and picked us up.

As for the distance to Fira, it may be a bit far for elderly or people who just dont like to walk, but it is a beautiful walk anyway and took only 15 to 20 minutes. To hire a 4 wheel motorbike was 15 euros for 24 hours anyway!! and to be quite honest not being right in the centre was a luxury in itself as you can avoid the crowds and relax by the pool alone!!

Stavros even picked us up and dropped us at the airport free of charge. They made us feel more like guests at their house than we were staying in a hostel..

100% recommended!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Karteradhos
Stelios Place
#8 of 15 in Karteradhos
Pension George
Pension George
#1 of 15 in Karteradhos

Been to Stavros Villas? Share your experiences!