“Its Santorini's hidden gem”
Review of Mario No 1

Mario No 1
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Monolithos
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Mario Restaurant is a quiet place on the beach of Agia Paraskevi in Monolithos area, just behind to Santorini's airport and you can reach it by taking the road from airport to Kamari village. Offering excellent variety of fresh seafood, traditional Santorinian food.
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Its Santorini's hidden gem”
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Not the easiest restaurant to find but a restaurant worth looking for, me and my girlfriend saw this place on trip advisor and decided to go check it out, we have drinks as we had already eaten, but after the seeing what the menu and food looked like we when back for dinner, I thought it looked a bit over priced but when we got the bill it wasn't, food was beautiful, I had the mussel risotto which was a must if you look seafood. Its not far from the Mediterranean beach hotel ( on your left at the beach it will take you 5mins) and the views is lovely.... if walking from kamari it will take you 45-55mins walk along the beach or follow the coast on the road but definitely try. Best restaurant i when too here in Santorini

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Launch at the restaurant Mario!!!”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Excellent service with very kind employes, nice atmosphere and most of all great greek mousaka and fresh fish!!!!

1 Thank Dimitris M
Herts, UK
“Appalling - 101 places better than this”
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

I won't labour the point. But if this is the best eaterie in Monolithos - don't go anywhere near the place. I give on blob for our waiter who was charming and actually conceded the taramasalata lacked any fish taste. Indeed took the item off the bill. But to charge for a bowl of wallpaper paste would have been shocking. Chefs special "Volcano chicken" had less heat - both spice and temperature - than my sunburn. The hot cheese dip, was cold and had nothing to commend it at all. The moussakas were simply over cooked quasi vegetarian mush. And the Santo vineyard Nichteri white was pure antifreeze. Sorry folks but thus is just not acceptable.Even if they were only charging €50 for 3 persons, was at least €40 too much. Hazel says you shouldn't review a place until you've eaten there twice. But I see this as my civic duty, to prevent holidaymakers like us wasting an evening's dining here when the island does have gems scattered everywhere. But none here. sorry.

2 Thank MardleyMassif
Sutton, United Kingdom
“Resentfully Yours”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

My second trip to Santorini on a quick business trip and Mario's was our choice for the evening.Although the food was very good and the service on par,what pissed me off was their blatant and almost aggressive attitude to write a "good review" about them on TripAdvisor almost shoving the complimentary tablets in our faces.
My advice to TripAdvisor is to condemn such ridiculous practices since they are a form of boosting one's ratings.Well here you have my review from my own tablet guys.Enjoy!

10 Thank Bare-with-me
Cleveland, Ohio
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We visited this seaside restaurant based on reviews. This meal was excellent--wow!
Nikoe, our affable waiter, selected each course for us and paired a perfect Santorini wine. The first course, tomato balls, zinged with flavor. Nikoe brought us a traditional Greek Santorini salad with island grown tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, and croutons. The white eggplant dish was outstanding, followed by red snapper and a local fish which were incredibly tasty.
The beach is steps away from the restaurant; the effect is tranquil and calming.

Visit this restaurant for beautifully prepared Greek food in a lovely setting. Trust Nikoe to select the island's specialities and you won't be disappointed.