“Family Friendly Dining Experience”
Review of Mario No 1

Mario No 1
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Monolithos
Price range: US$0 - US$7
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Mario Restaurant is a quiet place on the beach of Agia Paraskevi in Monolithos area, just behind to Santorini's airport and you can reach it by taking the road from airport to Kamari village. Offering excellent variety of fresh seafood, traditional Santorinian food.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We visited Mario No. 1 quite a few times during our stay. We were staying at a villa close to the restaurant and could wander down there in the evening.

The staff were so friendly to our two little boys and so accommodating. We always ordered a selection of hot and cold appetisers and something for the boys. Each and every dish was delicious and we couldn’t fault the food or service.

On our last day on the island we again spent lunch at Mario No. 1 and were actually quite sad to say goodbye to the staff and owners who made our stay in Santorini that more special.

We definitely will return on our next visit.

Reviewed 13 June 2018

We had supper one time with some friends from Santorini..we allowed them to choose since we were from the USA and were not familiar with the restaurants. We had the red snapper,pork tenderloin, fava, salad, mussels and of course wine. It was all wonderful. The taste everything was heavenly. The staff were so nice and friendly. We loved our visit there. We highly recommend it.

Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

Wonderful place for a cozy meal with friends and family. The staff is very friendly and foods are tasty and wonderfully cooked. The Beef in Red sauce is the best choice to have, everyone is certain to enjoy it and it tastes amazingly good.

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

I don’t know how anyone can not give this place 5 stars. In every aspect it is amazing.

Setting: This beautiful restaurant is located on a privet (restaurant property) black sand beach just past Kamari Beach. This is nice because you can enjoy the view without it being full of semi nude sun bathers. The restaurant is large, spacious, with multiple bright rooms. Has floor to ceiling glass windows with a spectacular view of the black sandy beach. The restaurant even provides a few chairs so guest can take a drink and sit on the beach. Seriously it is magical. They also have a separate small playground area so parents can entertain their children over their without disturbing the other guest. Every restaurant should do this because people like to eat amazing food and take their little ones on vacation with them.

Service: Top notch. These services are incredibly well trained, professional, knowledgeable about the food, and so helpful. We are not the easiest to serve because we are all over the place. My husband is Greek and he is very picky about his food so he must have had a 10 min conversation with our server in Greek asking about the specifics of the fish on the menu. Then my parents, American asked him a whole bunch of other random questions in English and the server was able to seamlessly answer all of them switching between the two languages. Which is hard I am learning Greek and I really have to pay attention. Also we have three servers a main one and two helpers and the communicated seamlessly with each other to fulfill our request.

Food: You simply can not find anything better. They have a nice display in which you can go and pick your fish. The server will go with you and answer any questions different areas have different fish. Always ask what is freshest and order that. From fish of the day to appetizers Fresh is best. Then you get to pick how they will cook your fish. Fried, grilled, in the oven if you can not decide they will suggest a way. Go with the suggestion if you are undecided.

What we ate: We got 2 salads, the crab salad and one with cheese both were delicious. Then we ordered fried baby shrimp they were in season and fresh price. We got a whole scorpion fish grilled, and another local fish which I forgot the name but it was beautiful. I am not doing well with fish at the moment, so for you picky eaters don’t think Marios is just a Fish Taverna. Marios has a ton of other options! I got spaghetti carbonara, which I am pregnant and I am on a Carbonara kick and I have been ordering is everywhere looking for the perfect one. This was the perfect one. Cheesy creamy full of pancetta with perfectly cooked pasta. We are going to see the prehistoric village today and I want to suggest Marios again just to appease my Carbonara cravings.

Greek Hospitality: I love how Greece does this always ending your meal with a small treat on the house. Today it was a greek pastry with fresh homemade pistachio ice cream. Just delicious.

The Price: Extremely reasonable and well priced eating here can be very frugal or pricey depending on what you order. The whole fresh fish is market price, pricey but not over priced. The fresh baby shrimp a huge portion only 8 euros and my Carbonara was under 10.

The whole meal was amazing we were so satisfied and will be coming back again. If you are in santorini you absolutely have to eat at Marios. You must do not miss this place.

Reviewed 30 May 2018

A friend recommend this restaurant and I am very grateful to him. This is a very good fish restaurant with very friendly and efficient staff. The setting by the sea is also wonderful.
If you happen to go to Santorini go there.