“Lefteris Apartments are great and good value for money.”
Review of Lefteris Village

Lefteris Village
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Lassi
Reviewed 4 July 2011

Have just returned from Lefteris and had a fantastic time. The apartments are cleaned regularly, and Cheryl the american lady who runs the place couldnt be more helpful. It is quite a walk from Lassi and Argostoli but I think they do make it clear in the brochure and you do get the most amazing view in the world. Argostoli is great to hang out in the evening, and Kefalonia is an amazing place. I cant understand why they have had such terrible reviews this year. These apartments are fairly basic but you expect that in Greece to some extent and can be part of the charm. There was a slight smell of damp from kitchen cupboards, but it didnt bother me. This holiday was fantastic value, we could have stayed at the Olive Garden next door for £400 more for a very similar holiday. With some of the money save you can hire a car and see the rest of the island. I would definitely recommend these apartments and would go back..

8  Thank ammellish

Reviewed 20 June 2011

Reading the review below is very misleading. The rooms are heavy in musky damp smell – my family and I took a holiday to the Lefteris Village on the 2nd of May 2011. It is safe to say that we were very disappointed, and it certainly tainted out holiday. We were the first flight onto the island, therefore the first holiday makers into the apartments, and knowing this, I was seriously baffled as to how the apartments were so dirty from day one – it is not like the season was half way through and the cleaner was tired....

The Apartment -

Upon entrance the smell of damp smacks you straight in the face – clearly the apartments aren't aired before the season opens. The rooms are not cleaned properly and dust and dirt all over the floor and fixtures – and to be honest I came on holiday to relax not to spring clean someone else’s business for them, that is not my job! The bed linen, including the manky brown blankets smelt very musky – and the beds are tremendously uncomfortable.

The Kitchen was basic – I didn't mind this however if you supply a kettle then surely the checks should be carried out to ensure its a fully working kettle....ours did not switch off on its own, and in my opinion this is not very safe. The cupboards also oozed the smell of damp and overall looked rather shabby.

The Bathroom was a joke, the mould on the shower curtain puts anyone off wanting to shower in there – but when you have no choice..... The toilet brush looked like it had seen better days, stained orange and well obviously had not been used through the two weeks we were there as it had stayed in the same position the whole two weeks. The floor was dirty and the brush in the bathroom (I don't know why this was here but hey that's not the oddest thing) was full of human hair....gross!!!

Lounge Area – if you could call this a place to lounge – DIRTY. And uncomfortable. And for an apartment that sleeps 4 people....two chairs is seriously NOT sufficient.

The noise was bearable from the street but the pool was constantly over filling – I am sorry but this is not necessary, and the noise just carried through the whole apartment...it was not relaxing.

The Hotel staff – If you consider it acceptable to try and work your way trough your customers possessions and blag make up and other products of them – then more fool you. Upon speaking to other locals in the area the reaction was very much not surprised “Oh she's not started that again has she?” Its definitely not the way to be and certainly not acceptable.
We sat at the bar one night and never returned, we came on holiday to escape home life and troubles – not to listen to the woes of the woman behind the bar, within the hour we heard her whole life story from death and other depressing stories....thanks for the depression girl!!!

On a final note – my luggage and personal possessions had been rummaged through and my perfume had been sprayed a few times too....I left my perfume in my suitcase on top of my clothes so it was easily found....when returning later that evening my clothes were ruffled and my perfume to the bottom of the suitcase......I shall leave you to make your own judgement.

Overall Kefalonia is beautiful. I did not mind cardiac hill, although it would have been nice to have amenities closer but that is just convenience. Would I visit Kefalonia again yes! Would I stay at Lefteris again.....ha not even if you paid me!!! Major disappointment.
One last thing - I seriously think the photos are a great way to prove that what someone is saying is right and accurate.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank StramongateChippy
Reviewed 7 June 2011

We loved it there and went at the same time as reviewed below with our daughter - the cleaning lady was lovely and hard working - the views were out of this world - our parents had a ground floor room which had damp at the back due to the split level - and the rep robert changed it for a beautiful first floor one he was great - and all the staff there were so friendly - they made us welcome - with the strange make up story below i am sure the bar lady was just being friendly people have different customs - just go with it.

The hill was good for toning your bum for the beach - and the island is just magic. really great - i would say go there - if you go with attitude - stay at home - and a little tip - if you see a little bit of dirt - don't photo it and post it on the internet - thats a bit stupid- clean it up and stop moaning - if you have a problem speak to the rep and he/she will sort it out.

btw the weather was fantastic:)

i would go back another time.

5  Thank 0jaime
Reviewed 6 June 2011

We have just got back from a week at the Lefteris Apartments in Lassi. NEVER AGAIN!!! We were astounded at how manky and smelly the apartment was. Upon our return to the UK, I had to wash everything - even things we didn't wear - because the clothes stank of the horrible, musty, damp smell from the apartment. The apartments need to be thoroughly AND hygenically cleaned - and updated. The toilet brush was brown and disgusting and looked like it had been used for many years.( It only costs about about one euro to buy a new one!!)! The bathroom and shower fittings were dirty, rusty and old. The drawers in the kitchen smelt terrible as did all the crockery and kitchen utensils. The towels were old and well used. The apartment was cleaned only once during our stay and the sheets changed once. There were no shutters on the apartment doors/windows, so the early morning light would wake us up and this was not restful. The road noise was also a problem and we wondered about the security of the property as it is so close to a busy road. We would not use OLYMPIC Holidays again as we booked the holiday on the basis that the flight times were good and we should have landed back in the UK at 3pm in good time to get home, unpack and get ready for the working week on the Monday. However, OLYMPIC changed the flight times so that we would land at 11.30pm instead. So 11.30pm was bad enough, travelling with small children, but then the flight was delayed again at Kefalonia. All in all we had a flight delay of over 10 hours and got home in the middle of the night, shattered!!! -
BUT THE WORST THING WAS THE SMELL!!!

6  Thank JOHNSON20
Reviewed 28 May 2011

I completely agree with the previous review, I am a repeat visitor to these apartments. Once I had entered the apartment it soon became obvious that the super dooper cleaning lady of previous holidays was no longer working there, the bathroom bin was full of used toilet paper and the cupboards were not as clean as usual, I was later told that the cleaner had retired and I dont know who does the cleaning now but it leaves a lot to be desired. The women behind the bar begs your make-up off you and I always have to hide it in my room during my stay, dont give her anything it is just a game she plays. Lefteris village has beautiful veiws from the balconies and Lassi is a very pretty resort with lovely safe beaches. Hire a car if you drive, the island is so beautiful, we like Assos for a trip out. I know I have complained about Lefteris but the pool area is lovely and you can get a good priced holiday there if you keep an eye on the website.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank boogstogo
Reviewed 19 May 2011

We were the first people of the Season to stay at Lefteris Village and I can honestly say we regret it and feel it had tainted our holiday.

THE APARTMENT:
The apartment we stayed in was DIRTY and SMELT and some what dangerous plug socket which I recieved two electric shocks from, if It was a child with wet hands who had touch the socket the thought doesnt bare thinking about .

Considering we were the first guests it was clear from the start that the apartments had not been cleaned or inspected from the last year. We found a pizza ring in one the rooms, rusty fittings in the bathroom, MOULD on the shower curtain (which was held up by a piece of string that hung from the ceiling), stains behind side tables, and dustballs in every corner. When they did "clean" all that was evident was that our suitcases had been moved, walking bare foot was a clear indicator of how dirty the floor was. The bedlinen was torn and the blankets stank which was not what you wanted to sleep in.

To the use the word basic for the "kitchen" would be an understatement, we didn't even have a saucepan to boil an egg and the kettle didnt work properly, the cupboards were filthy and STANK of damp and were filled with stains.

The seating in the apartment was so hard and uncomftable and no place to relax and unwind that we spent most of the time on our beds in seperate rooms.

The Village has no facilities which is a shame as its so away from Lassi. The bar was limited in drinks and overpriced and the diverse selection of food available was toastie, toastie, toastie or a toasted a club sandwich.
When sat at the bar on the first evening the lady behind the bar was after our make up and we were told later in the week by other guests that they had given her some - so BEWARE.
The nearest amenities is a 10min walk down Cardiac Hill to Lassi.

CARDIAC HILL
Going down to Lassi is fine but getting up is the real challenge. I am young and fit but in the May heat (which wasn't particularly hot) I found it a trek and was definetly sweating by the time we got the top. It took me 15mins but for my parents it took them twice as long, their feet swelled and it took it out of them. It is not what you want to do when trying to relax on holiday.

LASSI
Lassi is a pretty resort and everyone we came across was really friendly. Plenty of restaurants and bars to go. The food was great and I would highly recommend IONIOS Restaurant who made us feel at home.
The beaches are beautiful, the waters are so blue and the sand golden, a nice way to spend a day or two.
Argostoli is just a short walk away where even more restaurants and bars can be found.
Kefalonia is filled with steep hills and beautiful views.

Would I return to lassi?... yes I would
would I return to Lefteris?... No way!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Melina M
Reviewed 21 January 2011

I travel to Kefalonia every year, everything about Lefteris Apartments is perfect for me and my family, the views from the rooms and pool/poolbar are definately some of the best on the island, especially watching the sun go down looking over to the mountains and down at Argostoli bay (holding a nice cold Mythos or locally made wine!).
The staff are fantastic genuine people and will be looking forward to seeing them again soon!! not quite sure what the guy from sunderland is on about as the rooms are always spotless! they were cleaned every day. I never expect to have a fully fitted kitchen anywhere in Greece (who would go on a holiday to cook!?!) everything you will need is a, kettle, small hob, a fridge and a grill (including utencils of course). if this isnt enough the girls were always happy to make sandwiches for us and have menus from lots of various greek take-aways (and crepe dessert menus! mmmm)
We always rent a car so the hill is never a problem for us, Kefalonia isnt an Island to miss out on tavelling around, especially the stunning views from St.Georges castle and Mt Einos (which you can see from Lefteris). Also the iconic Myrtos beach. Lassi is a brilliant location and is also close to Argostoli. I cant wait to go back!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank RSarah86
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lassi
Lassi Hotel
#7 of 19 in Lassi
Mediterranee Hotel
Mediterranee Hotel
#3 of 19 in Lassi

Been to Lefteris Village? Share your experiences!