“Fantastic week in the sun!”
Review of Lefteris Village

Lefteris Village
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Lassi
Reviewed 12 July 2013

This was our first trip to Kefalonia and it did not disappoint. Stellios and his family made us feel so welcome from the very beginning. Nothing we asked for was too much trouble. We had a 1 bedroom superior apartment over looking Argostolli and the Mountains and the view was spectacular. The whole complex is kept very clean and tidy and the pool area is very well maintained - great for our little girl who is 3 who spent most of her time jumping in. I will say it is quite a walk to the beach downhill (about 1/2 hour with a youngster who wants carrying! - Prob 15 mins otherwise - I did it in 10 mins on my own to one of the supermarkets) and obviously up hill on the way back. However its only 5 euro in a taxi - money well spent in our opinion! It is a quiet complex in the evenings with most guests venturing into Lassi or Argostolli - both places having plenty of choice of tavernas and bars. We tended to eat early, sometimes being the first in - but the service and food was excellent wherever we went. All in all a lovely place to go on holiday - we will certainly go back!!

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking Argostoli and the Mountains have spectacular views.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Lancasterced

Reviewed 28 May 2013

As soon as I returned from Kephalonia I looked at booking my return trip. Lefteris was brilliant. The location was great, close enough to walk down to Lassi or Argostolli and get a 5 euro taxi ride back if you didn't fancy the walk. The views were breath-taking and well worth being on the top of the hill for. The room was ideal for our purposes, a two bedroom apartment gave us sufficient room with our two children to move around and make it homely on the days we didn't go out and explore. The pool was a delight and whether the children were playing in the water or we were sat at the bar admiring the view it really enhanced the locale. The lovely family who host this place are fabulous. So friendly and helpful, nothing was a problem for them. They helped arrange car hire, takeaways and taxis, and told us all the best places to explore. I really cannot recommend this place more, to anyone who wants to taste the friendship of Kephalonia, make sure you go and stay with Stelios and Kathy at the Lefteris Village.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank leanne v
Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

This is my second time in kefalonia and again at lefteris, and to my surprise refurbished..considering the Greek economy!! The infinity pool and new pool furniture which over looks mount Aenos and the castle of st George is outstanding.. Pictures do not do it justice!!

The rooms are cleaned to a high standerd especially considering the price you pay!! The rooms have been equiped with new beds And the bathroom showers have even changed. Shower curtains are out and sliding doors are now in!! The cleaning lady (dimitria) makes cute little designs with your fresh towels.. Ok the cabinets have a slight damp smell but they are clean.. I suppose the smell is because it rains there all winter long ( SUPRISING IT RAINS THERE TOO!!) that's what locals told me!!

Stellios and Kathy (the owners) are just as nice and helpful as I remembered.. Reading the previous negative reviews makes me sad that people could write these things about such kind people. They are far from rude and are nothing but helpful.. If you need help they will go out of there way to help you. Anything you need ask and they will provide.

The beautiful unspoit island.. No wonder its a holiday destination of the jet set!! So many things to see here!! I came earlier this time so I even had a beach practially to myself!! The sea is cold (but I dared to go in) can't wait to be back!! So many sites to see and at a cost of nothing!! Renting a car is a good idea as you can travel around the island but even if not you're close enough!!

Defiantly starting an annual holiday to kefalonia. Don't listen to the bad reviews I'm glad I didn't!! Must see it before you judge! The view from your balcony is astonishing!!

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Carlosturgoose
Reviewed 26 April 2013

The staff were the most hospitable people I've ever met. Any request was met with a genuine warmth. The room was well equipped and the views from our terrace were breath taking. The communal facilities were immense; I especially loved the pool. It was not dissimilar to an infinity pool. Fantastic value for money.

The beds were a little uncomfortable however for the price, it was fantastic value for money.

It is worth hiring a car due to the hillside location. Cheryl (owner) arranged for a car to be dropped at the property - only 18 euros per day. A taxi from the airport is 20 euros.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room (apartments only two floors in total) with a huge terrace - stunning view...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank DonDon15
Reviewed 19 April 2013

A family-run small hotel, studios etc - They have stopped relying on Olympic etc - cut out the middleman. Good website at lefterisvillage.gr describes the facilities. On a hill above Lassi with, great views of 5000-foot Mount Aenas and Argostoli Bay. Good pool, free WiFi, draught beer at the poolside bar, VERY FRIENDLY and HELPFUL staff.! My spotless room was cleaned each day. The rate I paid for the studio with kitchenette was excellent - out of season but I loved the peace and quiet. Yes, it is a trek up the hill from Lassi beaches - but there are some benches along the way, just admire the views ! Argostoli Town is just down the hill, lots of bars and restaurants, only 5 or 6 Euros to get a late taxi back. One of the nicest places I have stayed in in Greek islands

Room Tip: If in doubt - just contact Stelios by email
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank LondonJohn
Reviewed 27 September 2012

I stayed at lefteris in may 2012 and had the most fantastic time!! The staff are so friendly and welcoming they will do anything for you and nothing is considered too much! My sheets were changed everyday much to my request that every few days were fine( as I stayed on my own and had 3 beds to bed hop) I left my pots in the sink one day and came back to them been washed and put away! The apartments are a good size with wardrobes coat hangers bed side table and a safe ( not that you need it ) the apartments are clean and tidy with basic furniture inside. The views are amazing and the apartments are in a great location for lassi or argostoli. The hill is not that bad and I suffer with asthma. As I travelled on my own the walk up and down got a little boring but with company you hardly notice. Overall I had a brilliant holiday and lefteris made my holiday so much more then what if would have been. Couldn't of picked a better place or a nicer family. Made me feel like part of the family and I will be going back and recommending it to friends and family!!

• Stayed: May 2012
6  Thank Kloe-Emma
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Just returned from the Lefteris after a wonderful relaxing holiday. Beautiful views from both the apartment and pool and waking up to the sunrise just brilliant. The owners are very friendly and helpful, nothing being a problem even ordering gyros to be delivered for lunch. The apartments are basic but spacious with air con and a safe. There is a kettle, toaster, fridge and a small hob if you really need to cook!!! It is cleaned every day and the sheets and towels are changed every two days. The bathroom is small but adequate. The walk into Argostoli takes around 20 minutes and Lassi around 10 minutes. Both are very steep but we used the taxi service who charge 5 or 6 euros back up the hill - well worth it. Would definitely return here and would recommend it for couples or families as it is excellent value for money.

Room Tip: we had a 1st floor room with spectacular views over the bay and a very spacious private balcony.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank sdmNewcastleUponTyne
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lassi
Lassi Hotel
#2 of 7 in Fiscardo
Lorenzo Hotel
Lorenzo Hotel
#7 of 19 in Lassi

Been to Lefteris Village? Share your experiences!