Irilena Hotel
Metaxatos Apartments(Lassi)(Great Value!)
US$72
Bookgreece.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsboiled eggsyogurtroad noisecleaned to a high standardoverlooked the gardenexcellent barrestaurants and bars within walking distancelovely seating areawhat makes this hotel so specialgreat surroundingsair connothing is too much troublerecommend this hotelcentral hotelamazing hospitalityan evening drinkhotel bar
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Irilena hotel is excellent, great value for money and ideally located for people with a desire to experience the Greek way of life. The staff are exceptional, warm friendly and accommodating .... the amount of returning guests speaks for itself. We are well travelled worldwide and this is the only hotel that I have returned to more than once and wouldn't hesitate to recommend .... negative reviews for this hotel are in my opinion unjustified ... enjoy x

• Stayed: July 2014
7  Thank Sarah B
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I have no idea why anybody on trip advisor have a great review. The hotel is located at an extremely busy road that only seems to calm down between 2 and 3 am. The hotel staff is horrible, as if they have never heard of service. Especially the old lady who seems to own the place is a real drag. They are rude and only looking for a good review that they simply in no way deserve. Also, the breakfast is a joke. When in Greece, all I look for in a meal is some local yoghurt, some local honey and maybe some local fruit. All these things are available in this town, yet they choose to charge 8(!) euros a day for warm milk, disgusting yoghurt and old sliced bread. They offer some store bought cake which is what I ended up eating for 11 days straight due to the fact that I cannot eat (ice cold!) eggs. Also, a cup of coffee would've been nice, not the instant crap they serve. They seem to not know what service means, have no intent of changing that and there is simply nothing good about this hotel. I will never return here in my life.

• Stayed: June 2014
5  Thank Rachel v
Reviewed 2 July 2014

As many stated already, this hotel is so clean and nice. The staff so attentative and nice (we had many nice conversations). From the breakfast in the morning to a drink in the bar in the evening. This hotel is on the main street so you cannot avoid the noise from the traffic but I would nevertheless definately stay here again when I go back to Kefalonia one day. It was lovely to have breakfast on the terrace of a coffee in the evening.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank JennyJK
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We have stayed 4times now and find it a great hotel, the family who own the Hotel and staff all look after you very well,and are very friendly nothing is to much trouble rooms are kept spotless cleaned every day and sheets and towels are changed on a regular basis.
We had bed and breakfast, the breakfast was good with cheese,meat,boiled eggs,fruit yogurt,cake ,cereal,fruit juice,bread,tea & coffee, enough to set you up for the day.
We look very much to return again in the future.
A big thank you to everyone for looking after us and making our Holiday special.

Room Tip: Higher floor has good views of the sea at the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Girding
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed here last year and it was such a great base I decided to come again and have no regrets having done so.
I pretty much covered everything about the hotel in my last review - just want to add for my own benefit, there's a hair dryer in the room (couldn't remember so lugged one with me just in case).
This time I had what I consider the best room in the hotel - 216 up on the roof. It's a big room, large fridge which keeps eveything very cold (take your own drinking cups or buy some plastic ones whilst there), a private balcony overlooking the garden and a massive terrace with sunbeds and table and chairs. The view from here is magnificent - all over Lassi Bay. Loved it! Great bathroom for Greece and enclosed shower cubicle was roomy enough. If you dropped the soap you could bend down for it.
Did use the air con this time - safe and air con for a week 45 Euro. Could have got away with air con though but saved sleeping with balcony doors cracked open.
Basic breakfast, service, friendly owning family, standard of cleaning, lovely bar - all remain fantastic as before. Location for me is spot on for all I want to access and it's not noisy. All in all for a 2* hotel it's flippin great.
Booked a couple of trips with Panem (office just off the main road opposite Vagelati supermarket). Ithaca 49 Euro and Island Tour 31 Euro. Both were full days and worth the money. Great drivers and their guide Esme is so knowledgeable it was an absolute treat to be on the trips.
I am lucky enough to go to lots of places but already thinking of next year and staying at the Irilena.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo