“Wonderful Holiday”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lassi
Olive Garden Apartments
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Lassi
Reviewed 29 August 2014

This was our second trip back to The Olive Garden and once again we had a great family holday. We opted for a 2 bedroom appartment for 5 which was great, we had two balconies both with great sea views and the appartment was well equipped and exceptionally well cleaned 6 days per week. The grounds and the pool area were also kept very clean. Nicky, Nikos and Zoe behind the bar were always on hand to help with any problems, call taxis and serve delicious food and drinks- especially the pizza! The owner of these appartments lives just above the complex so if there were any major problems (which there weren't) he was always around.
Yes there was no shower curtain, yes the air con coud have done with remote controls but very minor points and made absolutely no difference to our holiday. The Olive Garden is such a relaxing place to stay, the views are amazing, there are plenty of seated areas in the shade at all times of the day, there is no mad rush to reserve sun beds . The pool can get sort of busy but nothing like big hotels and at other times it is totally empty. James the Thomson rep was very helpful regarding the Island and hiring cars etc etc. My children had great fun at the pool games he organised on a Friday aternoon.
Although there is the hill to contend with, The Olive gardens are well postioned as you can walk into both Lassi and Argostolli . The island of Kefalonia is stunning and you need to hire a car to fully appreciate this. Fiskardo and Poros were my two favourites. But if you want to remain in Lassi there are lots of restaurants, supermarkets and Costa Costa beach.
We will definitely return!!

Room Tip: 23/24/25 the best views
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank loulou1022655

Reviewed 27 August 2014

A lot of good points about this accommodation so I have no intention of writing a bad review but reviews are nothing if not subjective and not all nice places are for everyone and I guess I may have just turned a bit picky! This trip was with my husband and two kids (16 & 20) in two x one bedroom apartments
I knew there was a hill, I've stayed up the same one before so was prepared, Thomson do also make it clear in their descriptions so all was well.
the good:
Check in was simple and quick and James the rep also kindly took my bag to the room, the grounds are lovely and well maintained. rooms clean and kept that way, pool cleaned meticulously ever day, restaurant/bar had good food and reasonably priced, its a beautiful place and most rooms have great views, staff are very friendly and cannot do enough for you.
The not so good:
Air conditioning; i knew it had to be paid for but at Euro 56 per week per room I felt that was too much, this was our third year in Kefalonia and we have never paid anywhere near this, and secondly as previous reviews have stated; in one of the rooms there was no control over it, (we were lucky we had a different version and were able to turn on/off and up/down) and it was set too low and the room may as well have been left without it. If you are paying you should have the choice at least of how cold or not you want it!
wifi; yes I know how could I say this, well if you travel with kids the ages of mine internet is important and from what i could tell all the guest with kids above 13 felt it was too, its unreliable and difficult to connect to, honestly the winging drove me to distraction, it was better at the beach, I just think if you advertise 'free wifi' then you should provide an adequate service?
general: the cups were those awful hotel conference types and basically the size of a thimble, no place to hang up wet things (we used the fence and lost a towel-no tears but annoying!) the one bedroom apt are below the two bedroom ones that have metal staircases and any movement caused a racket (not the fault of those in those apartments they are two floors and of course you have to go from one to the next) the toilet flushing above also caused a racket, woke us up a few times.
These niggles are pretty subjective hence not wanting to give a negative review, its a lovely place but I guess just not for me and mine but not everyone will feel that way.

Room Tip: The one bedroom apt can be noisy with activity from apartments above
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank t-c67
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We have just spent 2 weeks at Olive Garden and really enjoyed ourselves.

We had one of the studios apartments which is located under the pool/bar area. We were worried that they may be a bit dark and dingy but the window goes across the whole front and lets in plenty of light. The bathroom is a wet room, as other people have mentioned, but it seems to dry itself out quite quickly. It wasn't an issue.

The studio apartments have sea views and the air con cost 8 Euros. You either have it or you don't- you cant pay for some nights as once its on, its on. This was fine for us but I know it was 22 for the bigger apartments and this could add quite a lot onto a 2 week family trip.

The pool and bar area were great. It never felt crowded when we spent any time there. Food is standard fare- burgers, omelettes, pizzas- but very nice. Loads of places to eat within walking distance!!

The hill.... its not the hill that is the problem, its the heat. Mornings and night times are fine but is a toughie in the middle of the day. Totally doable though so don't let it put you off!

Lassi supermarket will drive you back up the hill with your groceries if you spend 20 Euro or more. We used this service as I cooked a few times in our room. The kitchen is basically equipped, but it has everything you need- grill/oven/hob, kettle, toaster, saucepan, pot, fry pan (improvise- I used the big pot as a bay marie style heater one night as we didn't have enough saucepans...) Lots of traditional Greek food available at the supermarkets that you can experiment with after seeing/eating it on your travels around the island. If you like cooking, of course.
Note: There are ants, but we never has a problem. Saw one or two each morning. Clean up and wrap you food properly and you wont have a problem. Rooms are cleaned every other day. Its enough.

As mentioned, Lassi has many great places to eat and it is worth heading over to Argostoli of an night. The main square is a busy hub of locals and tourists and a good people watching spot.

So, would I stay at Olive Garden again? Yes. Its a decent 3 star accommodation- laid back, amazing views, nice breeze, friendly staff.

Kefalonia is amazing. Hire a care/bike/whatever and get out and see it.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jbell_79
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Pool area , and views stunning room basic & kept very well as are gardens .the bar area is nice but needs improvements on wifi/ sky . The hill is very steep but only €5 in cab. The big drawn back was air con ,€8 a day but you have no control over just switched on and set to Eco . You can't turn up or down or even off , so hot or freezing can't even chose temp it's set too. Only 5min in cab away from capital , beachs and restaurants are lovely in lassi .

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Millers1966
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

A very casual laid back place, we were given a room on the lower concourse which is extremely basic, no shower curtain so the shower soaks the bathroom, keep all your food in the fridge as we left bits in the cupboard later that day it was covered in ants, the A/C is a joke it stays on permanently so it's freezing rather than being climate controlled, nice pool, friendly staff, lovely views, the walk up & down is treacherous though be warned. I wouldn't stay again I'd opt for a hotel, but it's not bad overall

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Big_dave78
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Just got back a few days ago and we definitely be returning next year but for 2 weeks this time as 1 was just not enough.
First impressions was amazing and looked so much better than ever imagined!
Room 9 which was an upstairs 2 bed sleeps 4 room was lovely. Was worried what it would be like when I booked it but need not have worried as it was so good that I would even consider requesting it again next year!
Rooms, bar and pool are very very clean, better than ever experienced abroad before.
Saw the pool and areas being cleaned daily and all the sunbeds lined up again every evening.
Pool bar food was delicious and reasonably priced and staff will always accommodate any requests.
BBQ on Wednesday night is excellent value at 13 euros adult and 7 euros for child, also quiz night on Friday was lots of fun.
The hill is no where near as bad as I thought and even 5 year old managed it well, the only reason we ended up getting a taxi was because it is dangerous as the cars going up and down get so close to you and apart from jumping into a bush there is no where to get out their way in places.
Argostoli is a lovely place to go and worth it to see the turtles.
All the people staying here were really friendly and the children (not many young ones) played together in the pool and had lots of fun.
If Sam and Frank read this then Thea says hi to Kristoff :)

Room Tip: All rooms have good views even the 2 bed sleeps 4 rooms
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
9  Thank Wen571126
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Nice, clean basic accommodation.
Lovely pool and very nice friendly staff. Amazing views from most of the property
.we stayed in room 13 but it certainly wasn't unlucky for us !
Only downside is the very steep hill you need to walk to access the property.
With cabs charging only 5euros to take you there it really wasn't a problem.
Will be returning soon !

Room Tip: Rooms are given upon arrival as far as I know
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple