“"Fantastic friendly hotel in a beautiful setting overlooking the sea"”
Review of Thalassa Hotel

Thalassa Hotel
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Lassi
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Wow I just don't know where to start really, from the moment we arrived on 5th June 2012, we were treated to a glass of local wine in the lovely new renovated reception area with a very warm greeting from Angela the owner. We booked a suite at the hotel on a recommendation from our wedding planner and when we arrived we were told that we were being upgraded to the newly finished master suite which was just gorgeous and we couldn't of dreamed of a better place to stay on such a special holiday. The views are stunning and overlook the sea and bay.

In the mornings for breakfast, you can choose to sit outside and take in the stunning views or eat inside in the newly renovated area. There is lots to choose from and I would say something for everyone whether it be hot food, cold food, cereals, toast etc. Again all the staff couldn't do enough for you, any special requests were taken care of. My Dad had a 65th birthday whilst we were there and he arrived back in their suite later to find a birthday cake in the fridge, it's just all these special touches which make this hotel such a lovely place to stay. They do genuinely care about the guests!

The beach bar served lovely freshly cooked food and all the staff again were extremely helpful and friendly which was perfect as if you want a lazy day round the two lovely swimming pools you don't have to venture far to eat. The nearest sandy beach was about a 2 minute walk away with the more famous Makris Gialos beach probably a 10 minute walk away which is where we got married, there are lots of watersports that are reasonably priced which I would recommend trying out. Is is also only about a 10 minute walk onto the main road where you will find restaurants and bars that are busy but not over busy. I would recommend eating in Butlers House and Veronicas and don't miss the greek nights that they have in a few of the restaurants on different nights they are a good laugh to join in with the dancing and drinking.

We also had the wedding reception in the newly renovated area to the front of the hotel which overlooks the sea and bay, I couldn't think of a more perfect setting to a fabulous evening that we had. Angela and all the hotel staff were on hand to make sure our guests and us were taken care of along with our wedding planner.

All in all this hotel is just such a wonderful place to stay and I know from our guests that some of them are already looking to book to go next year for another holiday and we will definitely be returning for our anniversary. Thanks Angela and everyone that works at the Thalassa hotel for making our stay and our guests stay very special, you truely are devoted to making the Thalassa even more of a success than it already is. Loving wishes Loo & Bri Lake x

Room Tip: If you can afford to upgrade to a suite, I would highly recommend them and ask for a sea view defini...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank SurfingBlueChick

Reviewed 6 August 2012

Angela is a consummate professional and ensures that your stay at the Thalassa is all that you would want it to be, and probably more. We had a lovely holiday and enjoyed a fantastic view from our balcony, so much so that we broke the habit of a lifetime and I prepared a lunch some days rather than eat out, just so we could while away the time enjoying the vista.

No hidden extras with this holiday - it is such a refreshing change not to have to pay for air conditioning or for a key to the safe in the room, as is so often the case.

Although we stayed for 11 nights, the hotel is a 10 minute drive from the airport which could make this an ideal option for shorter breaks. It is a small airport and our transfer was seemless (we had arranged a taxi at the time of booking).

I have to say that the maids deserve a special mention - so polite and friendly and they did a thorough job every day. Lots of linen/towel changes - and nice soft towels!

Great holiday. Thank you Thalassa

Reviewed 6 August 2012

We stayed at the Thalassa Hotel at the beginning of July for my daughters wedding. Although we were not having the reception at the hotel, the staff right through from the cleaners, reception staff, up to Angela the Manager made our stay unforgettable. They could not do enough for us, any request made was dealt with quickly and efficiently.

My daughter was also staying at the hotel and on the day of the wedding, her Bridesmaids came along to get ready and help her as we were all leaving from the hotel. The attention we all received was really appreciated. It went a long way to making her day special.

Throughout our entire stay, nothing was too much trouble - thankyou Angela and of course your staff. Hope you all enjoyed the wedding cake. We will defnitely stay at the Thalassa again

Room Tip: Rooms 101 through to 108 have a fantastic sea view
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2012

We were greeted by Angela upon our arrival, and were served a glass of lovely white wine (KTHMA – Muscatella). Two years have passed since our last visit to Thalassa Hotel, and there have been some changes. I am not sure we spotted them all, but a very successful transformation of the bar in the main building to several Suites was a clever move. We had a suite with a wonderful balcony and we used it every day and evening.
As usual the staffs were always very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was lovely; it had it all, from bacon & eggs to Greek salad, and all in between. The new terrace with Wi-Fi let us Skype with our family back home.
The weather was as it should be in July, nice and hot, but with a proper Air-Condition in the room the temperature was kept just as we like it.

We will return next summer!

Room Tip: Put forward your requests by mail in advance, and they will be met if possible.
Reviewed 28 July 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel and I could not fault one part of my stay. My holiday started with a very warm welcome from Angela and her team and for me if a holiday starts off good then the rest will be the same.

Our room was superb and so was the view. The hotel has a very relaxed and friendly attitude and that made the stay so wonderful. The breakfast was lovely and the food at the pool bar was excellent. I would like to mention the staff at the pool bar, they were always so polite and helpful and the food was excellent.

I visited the Thalassa to be with my two friends who had decided to have their wedding on the beach, which was just perfect. The reception was held at the hotel and Angela and her team made this a perfect end to a perfect day.

I would highly recommend anyone to stay at this hotel.
Thank you Angela for a wonderful stay and I promise I will be back to visit you soon.
Sue

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 July 2012

we went there at 3 lunch time and left 5 in the morning. nothing like shown on the internet. old furniture, room full of ants, worst experience ever. angela was so rude. we have 2 kids ages 4 and 5 and we left 5 in the morning because we could not sleep in that room.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Nandia E
AngelikiKalafati, General Manager at Thalassa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2012

Dear Sirs

I would happily address you by name, as we know exactly who you are, but of course we have to respect the guidelines of Trip Advisor.

I will, however, not hesitate to inform all other readers, that after 4 years of your stay you suddenly remembered to post your review on Tripadvisor and that the real reason is not that you have been disappointed with your accommodation, as you were very specific about the room type you requested , but THAT the deposit was not refunded to you, as you called us, 2 days prior to your arrival to cancel due to personal reasons, as you stated.

It is every guest’s right to choose last minute any other Hotel they prefer, but should be acknowledged with the cancellation policy of each Hotel and respect it.

At no point of your almost 1 day stay, did you ask for a change of rooms or made any remarks about the accommodation, either to the front desk employee or to me personally, in which case I would personally have taken care of, or would have gone out of my way to offer you alternatives and to take every possible action to satisfy you.

On the contrary, in a very impolite behaviour between threats and cussings you forced us to refund the deposit. Do you do this professionally? My experience in the hotel industry over the last years has enabled me to identify such ‘strategy’ from guests that take as a revenge action a negative review on Tripadvisor.

I don’t feel that we had the chance to offer you a pleasant stay at Thalassa Hotel, according to most of our guest’s testimonials, as you had your mind set on something different from the beginning. After all you did not even spend one full day here.

Nevertheless, we wish you all the best for your future

Sincerely
Angela Kalafati

Reviewed 11 July 2012

We have just returned from our seventh stay at this hotel & as always it was fantastic. Yet again Angela & her staff were extremely attentive and never fail to make you feel welcome & your holiday as relaxing as possible. The new renovations look wonderful and the outside veranda area is a lovely place to relax and view the beautiful bay of Argostoli with a glass of wine. If you are looking for a tranquil holiday then this is the hotel for you. FABULOUS!

Kathy & Ray

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lassi
Dionysos Village Resort
#1 of 1 in Platis Gialos
Kefalonia Grand Hotel
Kefalonia Grand Hotel
#1 of 12 in Argostolion

Been to Thalassa Hotel? Share your experiences!