“Tidy - definately nicer than Butlins!”
Review of Enalion Suites

and 1 more site!
Enalion Suites
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Lassi
Lancaster
“Tidy - definately nicer than Butlins!”
Reviewed 23 July 2009

Guy & Karen: My girlfriend and I stayed at the Enalion Suites for a week at the end of June `09. We were really impressed with the complex, especially when we looked at some of the other accomodation on the island (i.e. we didn't see anywhere better). The staff were always friendly and we were made to feel really welcome. The towels were changed every day, as were the bed sheets. One good thing (and something we wish we had known before we went) was that they supplied us with beach towels (changed every two days) - bonus! The complex is located within a short walking distance from the main street of Lassi (5 mins), but far enough away for it to be quiet and relaxing. Also, if you hire a car (as we did), you are right in the middle of the island. Therefore, you don't have to drive all day to visit places. Another good thing was that the complex is situated was situation close to the airport (approx 15 mins in a taxi). However, although the airport is close by, we didn't really suffer from noise (there aren't that many flights). The only thing that stopped us from giving the Enalion Suites full marks was that it is a bit pricey - then again, you pay for what you get!

1 Thank LancasterSkinny

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Greek first
newcastle
Reviewed 17 July 2009

Ok . just read last review about 120 euros for laundry service. To be honest that is disgusting.

We have just returned from Enalion suites two weeks ago now . We had a great holiday lovely pool . Great views and EXCELLANT staff . Maid service you just have to ask if you have problems and it is sorted.

BUT and there is a BUT not the staff or the pool or the beautiful views -not the breakfast or the cook who is very good. The BUT comes with the prices at the bar and restaurant. We paid 35 euros for lunch which to be quite honest was nothing special----4.00 euros for a coffee and not even a complementry biscuit.

HAPPY HOUR ? wasnt really great we paid 12 euros for two drinks. and they didnt really know how to mix a good cocktail. So we didnt bother with happy hour again.

We love our food and wine and if it is good we dont mind paying.

-If you go to the main Lassi Beach there is a resturant at the top of the stairs from the beach . Not the snack bar . The resturant . Try the Pork Gyros its amazing or the Pork Kababs also amazing and the prices and service very good --We ate there a couple of days and Sunday was packed esp Greek familys. Very nice atmosphere.

I would not eat in the Lassi . I would recommend going into Argastoli-

If you go into Argastoli which is 6 Euros in a taxi it is really good there. Esp after sun sets about 9 at night -All the locals are out and about . Young familys etc .

--The Grill on the square is excellant .The Premier Cafe excellant for coffee and cake . Lots of Tavernas selling traditional Greek food. Just beside the yachts etc . There are fruit and veg stalls which are great and bakerys to die for.

I would definitely recommend the Robolla wine its really good esp the classic Robolla --it has a bag on the bottle. just over 5 euros in all the shops in Agastoli . The supermarket just up the road from the Enalion Suites is really good has just about everything you need. Water etc.

We would definatly return to the beautiful Enalion Suites for the third time . Its a great base . Just maybe they should review their prices.

Its a nice day out taking the ferry over to Luxouri . Down in the harbour of Argastoli it comes on the hour and half.

3 Thank newcastletom
Glasgow
Reviewed 14 July 2009

My time at the Enalion suites was enjoyable enough, however as we were staying for 2 weeks with a three small children we required the use of the laundry service. This proved to be very expensive. They actually charged us 140 euros to have a small bag of laundry cleaned for us. I felt that this was ridiculous and asked them to revise the price. After procrastinating for several days they insisted on us paying the full price. This left me feeling ripped off.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
7 Thank BrianGal
Kingston Upon Thames
Reviewed 1 July 2009

Myself and my new husband have just returned from a 2 week stay at the Enalion Suites and had the most amazing time. We found the hotel by chance last year and decided it was the best hotel in Lassi and Kefalonia was the island we wanted to get married on. The hotel itself is small and perfect for people who want to get away from the world, the suites are immaculate, there is a huge choice of food at breakfast and I have never met staff as friendly or more helpful (and I have travelled extensively). After a short walk you are on the main strip with lots of different places to eat, catering for all tastes, plus there isn't a cheesy club or drunk teenagers in sight. Argostoli also has some great restaurants in the main square, only a 5/6 Euro cab ride from the hotel.

We got married in Argostoli and travelled over to Agia Efimia after the ceremony to spend the afternoon on a catamaran (amazing), followed by our wedding dinner at the hotel in the pool restaurant. The dinner was fantastic, we arrived back late from our boat trip panicking that we had put the hotel out, only to be greeted with smiles and being told to take our time and relax. I have never seen so much good food for such a reasonable cost, the hotel did us a cake and on returning to our room we found it had been made up with petals and shells.

Kefalonia is a stunning place, but definitely not the cheapest of the Greek islands. The cost of a holiday means the Island is hugely unspoilt by mass tourism, possibly also due to the fact the airport is the tiny and they only have 3 check in desks (patience is required when travelling home). It is well worth hiring a car and touring the island, Fiskardo and Asos are both beautiful.

Everyone says their wedding is a day to remember for the rest of their lives, we have 2 amazing weeks to remember!!! Thank you to everyone at the Enalion for making our holiday and our wedding day unforgettable.

1 Thank EmmaHall03
Surrey
Reviewed 31 May 2009

Wow!!! What a treat to stay in this gorgeous hotel. It is known as the best hotel in Lassi and it was easy to see why. Everything from the breakfast to the pool to the suites was luxurious! And for once.... a hotel actually looks like the pictures that advertise it. Infact, they do not do it justice. Simply wonderful.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MissTSurrey
Leeds
Reviewed 7 February 2009

This is an absolutely gorgeous little place, we stayed at the Enalion for 7 nights during the second week in September and it was perfect. What one would probably describe as a boutique hotel it only has a small number of rooms (can't remember exact number but it is under 40) which gives it a very exclusive feel. This is especially noticeable around the pool, it doesn’t feel over run and you don’t feel like you are intruding on anyone else. The pool area is very nice indeed, set on a sort of cliff over looking the sea you can have fab sea views from your comfy cushioned sun lounger!

The rooms are of suite style and have a little kitchenette with a full sized fridge and freezer. There is then a large living area with sofas and chairs. Then a large (buy Greek standards) separate bedroom. All with simple modern furnishings. Our room had a large balcony with fantastic sea views and could be accessed from both the bedroom and living room. My only negative about the room was the shower in the bathroom, although it was brand new it was of a rustic style that sits above the taps, rather than wall mounted, which we are probably used to. I understand what style they were trying to achieve but it is rather irritating after a hot day at the beach.

The food at the hotel is outstanding and I am in agreement with other reviewers that it is far superior to that in the main resort! We also thought the wine served in the hotel was of an excellent quality - which is normally a real rarerity in Greece. Try the Rose it is really good. And yes the portions are huge (although I wasn’t complaining!) My husband and I tended to share something between us after a couple of days. The breakfast is very good too serving everything from more local fare including fruit and honey, to cooked breakfast items and American pancakes! Plenty of quality marmalade of all varieties too!!! In fact you could probably skip lunch and just fill up on breakfast. My husband and I also really enjoyed the sorbet smoothies perfect on a hot afternoon.

Some reviewers said they experienced problems with mozies in September but my husband and I didn't get bitten once (normally I can be quite prone). We did think there was a major problem with wasps though. Some of them were huge and looked very vicious and they made some meals a real chore. The staff didn't seem too worried but I think I would have been extremely concerned if I had children. I am sure there is something the hotel could do to minimise this.

My only negative point about the hotel its self was that on the 4th night of our stay there was a wedding on, which was actually really intrusive. The hotel said they would be preparing from 2pm and asked us to vacate the pool area. We decided to spend the day at the beach but when we tried to return at 5pm we found the gate leading from the beach to the hotel had been locked!!!! To keep the wedding gusts in? We have no idea??? My husband had to scale the gate to ask someone to come and open it! The wedding then took over the whole hotel and we did feel a little pushed out. Enalion did put a fruit basket and wine in everybody's room, but I do feel there should be some monetary compensation from Sovereign because the hotel is effectively out of bounds for the whole day and night.

Lassi itself isn't great t and he food is a bit of a let down and I have had much better Greek cuisine in Corfu which is a far more commercialised island. I would go as far to say it is a little tacky (a waiter in one of the restaurants seemed aghast when I didn't want chips with my Stifado and wanted to opt for Greek style roast potatoes - well I am in Greece!) Enalion guests’ would probably prefer to go in to Agostoli which is a short taxi ride around 7 Euros, lots of choice and very cosmopolitan. We ate at restaurants recommended by our Sovereign rep each time and were not disappointed.

The beach which is below the hotel is very nice, with lovely shallow water ideal for children. However it gets really taken over by some by the more boisterous lot from the Mediterranean hotel next door. If you can tear yourself away from the lovely poolside at Enalion make the effort to go some of the other beaches in Lassi.

The hotel overall is fantastic though, so many little touches that really make it a cut above the rest in Greece! You'll love it!

• Liked — Exclusive but firiendly feel
  • Disliked — Wasps!
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank CarlyandMurray
Maldon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 January 2009

Can't rave enough about this place. 10 mins from the airport, amazing views, wonderful accommodation, lovely food, great staff (even got my little girl a birthday cake!), pool nice and quiet even though it was peak season, nothing too much trouble here. Also ten minutes stroll from the 'high street' which is filled with a wide selection of bars and restaurants. The children loved it and so did we. Kefalonia is breathtaking too - we hired a car and had a lovely time exploring! Only small drawback was the earthquake while we were there but I guess they can't do much about that!

• Liked — The views - amazing
  • Disliked — Nothing!!
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank UkMrsC
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lassi
Mediterranee Hotel
#9 of 19 in Lassi
Lorenzo Hotel
Lorenzo Hotel
#8 of 19 in Lassi

Been to Enalion Suites? Share your experiences!