All reviewsmain buildinggreek villagevillage roomhalf boardkids clubfamily lifepool barbeach servicejunior suiteevening meal for lunchduring high seasonsamos airportall inclusive packageentertainment teamhalf pensionfree towelsnice village
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Myself and family went to this hotel in early May it is given a 5 star rating by Thomson holidays we paid a lot of money for the 14days we were there especially as it was out of season! the rooms are very small and don't look anything like they appear on the website and we were led to believe that was what we were getting there is no indoor swimming pool as stated the food was very poor and the same most days it was also cold by the time you got to your table, the drinks were very expensive in the bar! I don't see how they can claim it is 5 star it's 2-3 star at most! The staff were friendly and being on the beach was a bonus!

Room Tip: Make sure you are told which rooms you will be getting we weren't told there were diff grades of room
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank kitachik .
Doryssa, Guest Relations Manager at Doryssa Seaside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear guests,

Greetings from Doryssa Seaside Resort. Thank you for your feedback. We feel the need to respond to you in order to avoid any misunderstanding caused by your comments.

The room shown on our website (the classic garden view room) is the same room that you were accommodated in during your stay with us, as all the rooms of this type have the same size and decoration. As far as the indoor swimming pool is concerned, this information was given by mistake on Thomson’s site, which has been corrected now.

The food served in our buffet is different every day and consists of a variety of food suitable even for vegetarian guests. The prices in our bars are reasonable in comparison with other 5* hotels and also we offer a variety of drinks in different prices suitable for everybody.

It is appreciated that you enjoyed the friendliness of our personnel and the location of our premises.

We wish you all the best and hope you will have a nice summer.

Best Regards,

Angie Vasileiou

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have spent a weekend 2 weeks ago for a reunion with my childhood friends at Doryssa hotel. It is located by the beach. It is given 5 stars but I am not convinved. It is clean, well maintenied. Staff is helpfull. Proximity to beach is a bonus but since it is a very popular hotel in Scandinavian tourists, and they travel with kids, a lot of kids, you may not enjoy the calamity and peace of beach. We stayed a sea view room. It was ok.Hotel rate is higher for its quality. On top of that, travels are charged for beach faclities. Since it is far from popular areas, I believe no one comes from outside and there is no reason to charge for umbrela or bed. If you have kids, you may consider to stay at this hotel, otherwise you may find better and reasonable options in the island.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank erkanyay
Doryssa, Guest Relations Manager at Doryssa Seaside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear sir,

Greetings from Doryssa Seaside Resort. Thank you for your feedback. It is true that all our personnel are doing their best to provide a clean and service minded environment to our guests.

We would like to inform you that our resort is suitable for adults and children, and although a part of our guests are families with children, it is quite easy to find a peaceful spot on the beach, in the gardens or in one of our lobbies.

The beach in front of the hotel is situated only 800m from the village of Pythagorio, so a lot of people visit us every day, especially during the high season. Furthermore, the beach doesn’t belong to the hotel but to the Municipality, and therefore we cannot prevent outsource clients from visiting us. That is also the reason why there is a charge for the sun beds, on the contrary of the pool area which belongs to the hotel, where the sun beds are free of charge.
We appreciate all comments received and reassure you that we are doing our best every day to meet our guests expectations.

With kind regards,

Angie Vasileiou

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Waiters definitely were not overfriendly but pretty OK. Reception, head waiter etc. were good.

Good value for money. The sunchairs at the beach could have been for free.

Sleep Quality
Silent - we had a good night rest

Good food - very fresh!

Cleanliness
Ok clean.

Location
A 15min walk to the pictoresque town of pythagorion

Rooms
Nicely renovated and romantic rooms!

Kids activities
Not much.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Martin Z
Doryssa, Guest Relations Manager at Doryssa Seaside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for your nice evaluation.

It is always a priority for our personnel to provide the best service possible to our guests and to make their stay with us memorable.

In regard to your comments about the sun beds charge on the beach, we would like to inform you that our beach area is being leased by the Municipality, therefore there is a charge for the sun beds, on the contrary of the pool area which belongs to the hotel, where the sun beds are free of charge.

In addition, we provide on the beach towel service and service from the pool bar directly to your sun bed without any extra charge, by using the service button placed on the umbrellas.

We hope that you enjoyed your holidays in Samos and that we will see you again in Doryssa Seaside Resort sometime in the near future.

Best regards,

Αngie Vasileiou

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Doryssa claims it is a five star resort but it is obvious that they have never stayed in a Five Star hotel themselves. It is expensive for what it is. I never made breakfast but heard from friends that they were not thrilled with it. I had a bungalow room right on the beach, which was nice BUT wifi was patchy, aircon was temperamental and I expected to have some Korres or Apivita products in the bathroom but alas had to make do with their own shower gel and shampoo which was nothing special. My real displeasure came about on my last day when I was telephoned at 11am by reception asking me if I was ready to check out by 12 - that has NEVER happened to me in ANY hotel I have ever stayed at around the world. When I asked for extended check out they advised that it was impossible as the new guests were already here - I thought standard checking in time was at 2pm. The hotel then telephoned me again at 12 to see if I was ready for check out. When I told them I was, they sent a member of staff down to take my luggage. He took ages to arrive & he then left with my luggage taking it to reception. When I got to reception my luggage was nowhere to be found, neither was the staff member, only when I asked at reception did they point me in the direction of the luggage room. At no point did they ask a member of staff to accompany me to the luggage room or to bring me my luggage. Whilst paying the bill the receptionist informed me that I had left some swimming trunks in the room. They told me they would bring them up to me... I waited and waited and waited... Nobody bothered to keep me informed... After 1/2 hour I left to go to the hotel next door. I telephoned Doryssa asking if they could send the trunks over as the hotel was next door as I couldn't wait any longer at reception. They advised they couldn't do this. Any of the other 5 Star hotels I have stayed at would have brought it over. In general the service and attitude of some of the staff at Doryssa sucks.

Also a 5 Star hotel that caters for weddings should have more clarity over charges as I heard a rumour that the hotel was not able to give a proper receipt for the wedding costs and the wedding planner who had never mentioned a fee to the couple during negotiations only mentioned it when the newlywed happy couple went to pay the bill. Again no receipt was provided. For a country in crisis and a hotel that claims it is Five Star worthy, this is not acceptable behaviour. As a lover of Samos I will never stay here again.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Kostas K
Doryssa, Front Office Manager at Doryssa Seaside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Guest,

We thank for posting your experience on Trip Advisor. We would like to reassure you that our personnel is always doing its best to satisfy our guests and to provide them a wonderful stay, and are sorry to hear that at some point our service didn't meet your expectations.

With regards your comment about the check out time, we would like to inform you that during the month of July the resort was fully booked, so it is natural to request our guests to leave their room by 12 o’clock on their departure date, in order to have the rooms ready on time for the new check in at 14:00. We believe it is a usual practice in every hotel all over the world.

As for the breakfast, we regret that you didn't taste our breakfast and therefore was not able to express your own opinion. We invite you to read some other guests’ comment regarding our breakfast, as they are always very positive, not only on Trip Advisor, but in several feed backs that we receive from our guests.

We wish you all the best and hope to be able to welcome you another time in our resort, and offer you a pleasant stay that will fulfil your expectations.

Best regards,

Nathalie Grivel
Room Division Manager

Reviewed 7 December 2013

We caught the ferry from Kusadasi to Samos on a beautiful sunny day in late August. When we arrived at the hotel I was intrigued with the large "faux " village in which the resort is located. It reminded me of the Welsh village from the old TV series Prisoner with Patrick Magee. We were taken to an amazing room overlooking the pool and ocean. Our room was beautifully clean, modern and spacious with a large balcony and windows across the width of the room. The village shop has drinks and snacks so we filled our fridge with things we liked. There are lots of activities in the hotel and the spa is very pleasant.
This is a large,busy resort which caters to families so if you are looking for an intimate small hotel this will not be for you. However, we were there on our own and very happy to watch children, parents and grandparents enjoying a family holiday. Everyone is catered for. The beach is just in front of the hotel and we stayed on the beach swimming and reading very happily for 2 days. Other days were spent exploring this green, pretty island. Ocean and beach were clean and we could see there were many water activities which could be booked, if desired. The environment is outstanding; beautiful ocean views, ancient ruins, an old castle and mountain villages closeby. Pythagorion is a charming town about 15 minutes walk from the resort. Plenty of restaurants and coffee shops and enough tourist shops to be interesting without overwhelming the character of this buzzy town. Food at the hotel is buffet style but is very good considering the number of guests who eat in the main 2 restaurants; alternatively a walk to one of the many restaurants in Pythagorion is fun. Staff are outstanding; very pleasant and helpful. Happy to do a return visit.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are good for couples. Families might prefer the villas.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
9  Thank AngieP712
Doryssa, Front Office Manager at Doryssa Seaside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear Guests,

We thank you for your nice post, and are very happy that you had such a good experience in Doryssa during your last stay.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again very soon, and wish you in the meantime a wonderful winter time!

With kind regards,