Great location, comfortly close to the airport and right next to the beach. The beach is excellent, pebble stone and then sand when you get in to the water. The water quality is very good, clean and crystal clear. The beach is very well maintained and attended to by the hotel staff. Nice with the generous sun beds. Ok, they cost 3 E / day, but thats not a gigantic sum of money. If you don´t wish to pay, there are others – more simple- sun chairs to fetch for free next to the beach.
It can be quite windy at the beach, but I thought that was rather nice as the heat then gets less intense. It was warm winds when we visited in june.
Nice and modern rooms, but quite small. Big bathroom, though. Very good cleaning and new towels every day. We had a pool view room, and it was quite a lot of noise from the lounge bar until late at night some of the evenings (strange for a family style hotel?).
We had booked full board and the food was ok – nothing more, nothing less. Great breakfast, but then pretty much the same dishes for both lunch and dinner. You quickly get bored, but it´s an easy way to keep the kids happy and keep some stable family mood because of the predictibility of the meals. Maybe the hotel could work on the menus a little bit, though.
Beautifully kept hotel premises with gardens and small alleys and squares.
Small pool area, quickly crowded. But why use the crowded pool when there is such a fantastic sea right next to you? Our family used the beach and the sun beds there as a ”base” and then took some quick pool trips from there occasionaly.
Regarding the staff, it was generally very nice and proffessional. I specially appreciated the restaurant staff. However, in the bars (the pool bar and the lounge bar), the staff was quite uninterested in the full board guests. It was pretty much a quick grin and hand out the food/beverage with the elbow. Nothing rude or inproffessional, just the feeling the guest gets. So some of these persons might need to work some on their attitude.
The conclusion is that Doryssa is a good hotel with some minor issues to work on. I felt Samos was a very beautiful island and the people there were very nice to tourists. They are open, welcoming and easy to talk to. Of course they are proud of their island, and I can recommend the city of Pythagorion with more varied restaurants and also to to a trip with Captain Andreas and his tame goat (!) to the island of Samipoula (fantastic, sandy beaches).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Doryssa Seaside Resort is situated in the southern part of Samos, next to the historical and most popular destination of Pythagorion. After a full renovation finished in 2006, combined with completely new upgraded services, it has become a 5 star destination. Lovely areas stylish and tasteful. Doryssa village constructions recreate a traditonal Samos village. Doryssa village and the main hotel structure are situated by the seaside! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Booking.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Doryssa Seaside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doryssa Seaside Hotel Pythagorion
- Doryssa Seaside Pythagorion
- Doryssa Seaside Resort Samos/Pythagorion