The Proteas Blu Resort, according to our driver, is the area's only 5 star hotel. They are not quite there,
We were welcomed with a refreshing fruit drink while our room was readied, and then we were taken to the sea-front villa by golf cart. (Be aware that many steps are between the pool/ocean and the main building.) Although we had reserved a "bungalow", we were upgraded to a "villa", including 3 rooms and a private pool. The villa was very clean and comfortably furnished in a contemporary style. Sparkling rose' and a plate of sweets waited for our arrival. The scenery was spectacular!
The pool area is attractive and furnished with a variety of lounges and sun beds. I wish there were more seats in the shade; not everyone wants to sun bathe. The beach provides lounge chairs and umbrellas, and of course, both areas have a bar nearby for drinks and food.
My only complaint is with the food - it is definitely not 5 star. Breakfast is a buffet; most people should be able to find something to start the day, but except for the yogurt and honey, nothing was exceptional. Our only lunch was salads by the pool and they were over-dressed. We had one dinner at Pi Squared Theory: the food was not the "traditional" Greek food found at the local tavernas; we had the lamb. It was good but not great. The wine, a Greek syrah was quite good and our server was wonderful. My biggest problem was the theme night. It was the only dinner at the resort that night, and it was a seafood theme night. We sat for 10 minutes before anyone took our beverage order, and that was only after flagging down a server. The food , well... Had it been served at a college cafeteria 40 years ago, we would have been over the moon; however, we found it tremendously disappointing, loaded up on dessert and fresh fruit, and left after 30 minutes or so.
If Proteas Blu wants to be a true 5 star hotel, it needs to up it's culinary game.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A unique environment to enjoy in magnificent scenery Laid back and experience stress free holidays. Proteas Blu Resort in a tranquility atmosphere shows character and inspires a sense of familiarity. After the warm welcome sense the friendliness of the people. Feel comfortable within "Proteas family" while taking part in numerous activities or by chilling and resting your mind. Accommodation facilities are wonderful and the food is superb. In PB you will have quality time...Actually the time will be all yours. Proteas Blu Resort is the most finest and luxurious beach front resort on the Island of Samos. Guest's accommodations looking to the sea are spread out on Mediterranean landscaped terraces situated on a naturally secluded bay having two private beaches. The unique architectural personality, the elegant accommodation and the tranquil setting offers majestic views of the blue marine seas surrounding the Aegean Islands and the Anatolian coasts. Together with the highly personalized and eminently friendly service satisfies the needs of the most distinguished traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Bookgreece.com, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Proteas Blu Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Proteas Blu Hotel Pythagorion
- Hotel Proteas Bay
- Proteas Blu Resort Samos/Pythagorion