“Good price / services ratio”
Review of Hotel Marko

Hotel Marko
Ranked #21 of 30 Hotels in Loutraki
Namur, Belgium
“Good price / services ratio”
Reviewed 25 May 2012

This hotel was our first stop during our tour in the Pelopennese, we stayed there for one night.
Despite the fact that we arrived in the Hotel Marko in the middle of the night, the personel was nice and helpfull and speaking french.
Our room was quite spacious and clean. Nevertheless the bathroom was a bit decrepit.
The breakfast which was served as a buffet was nice and many dishes were proposed.
The hotel is situated in the center of Loutraki, just close to the beach.
As a conclusion I would say that for 40 euros for 2 persons with beakfast included the ratio price / services was good, but don't expect a high quality hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lipocaline

• Greek first
Corinth, Greece
Reviewed 10 February 2012

located in the center of Loutraki and is very economical with friendly staff

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
dublin
Reviewed 14 September 2011

Hotel Marko has geat location. It's ony a few steps away to the beach, clubs and restaurants. The room was big enough to accommodate three of us. These is a A/C in the room as well as fridge, TV, balcony and small bathroom, where two adults makes crowd. The room was served everyday. I can't say anything else about room, we were very happy with.
We ad an issue with breakfast. There was fuge variety dishes to choose from, but some food like greek yourt, omlette, ham ang egg salad weren't fresh. We found out that, what you wont eat today, you will definitely get tomorrow mornig. It wasn't the best service at all,as above, some of them weren't fresh and we denied to eat breakfast. Maybe, because we weren't travel in high season and there wasn't many people staying inn, but it doesn't mean, that food can't be fresh.
Overall, I recommend this hotel, but make sure that your breakfast will be freshly made.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank ciulabula
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 4 July 2011

Otherwise you may be accused and called a "thief" by hotel owners!!!
I wish I never had to go through this humiliating situation.turned my peaceful weekend to a nightmare. In the beginning, room was bad smelling toilet and a/c. It was almost midnight no time to find another room or hotel. I hardly slept. bad odours and outdoor noice kept me awake. I was insulted during breakfast by a worker named "Popi" cause there was no fresh milk for my kid and I did the mistake to complain gently about it.After breakfast I sat outside hotel to drink my cofee and received smelly laundry water from a hotel balcony . Popi had started her "revenge". Accidentally I thought... I checked out and forgot the bad experience.Yet the nightmare did not ended so easily... Later in the afternoon mrs Markopoulos called my mobile to accuse me of stealing a 1$ worth shop dispenser and a plastic blanket cover!!! from my room.When I asked for a same day appointment in local police to press charges instead of shallow accusations she changed her mind and told me that she never accused me as a thief she just asked me if by mistake I took the soap etc What on earth was she thinking??? .Stealing is a crime. Accusing is another one. I hardly remember how the so called stolen dispenser look like cause I used the bathroom very quicly due to bad smell.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Roxannita

Travellers are raving about these Loutraki hotels

Romania
Reviewed 18 October 2010

We stayed at Hotel Marko a week. Excellently located, hotel is close to beach,the rooms are spacious with air conditioning included. Breakfast was excellent with a variety of dishes,very friendly personal and always ready to satisfy guest wishes.Loutraki is a lively town with many opportunities to spend time and from here you can organize trips to places of interest in the Peloponnesus

Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank CatalinRomania
San Jose, California
Reviewed 28 September 2010

We stayed at this hotel as our first leg in our driving tour of the Peloponesse. We had just flown into Athens and drove into Loutraki, hoping to unwind after our long flight. When we finally got to the hotel (after circling around to find parking), let's just say that we were disappointed.

The rooms were small and dimly lit. The hallways were pretty much dark (barely lit up enough to see your way). The bed was not very comfortable with old smelling sheets. The bathroom was tiny- our toilet was placed halfway into the shower!

There was not much to see in Loutraki itself. We did enjoy walking along the beach, which was very close to the hotel- that was nice.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank foodietravelers
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 8 September 2010

The biggest advantage of this hotel it's the location. You can use as base for visiting the surrounding area (Athens, Epidaurus, Mycenae, etc) or you can just enjoy the sun and waves. The hotel offers solid comfort, it has A/C in every room, TV, refrigerator, private bathroom with shower and balcony. The buffet breakfest is composed, from fruits, cakes, local specialites, and a variety of beverages. the staff is very friendly and the services they provide are excellent.
The biggest disadvantage is the parking. There is a small parking space just in front of the hotel, but it is always occupied. The whole center of the town seems at some times, a public parking. Other than that, everything was great

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family