We stayed 2 families for 7 nights at this hotel and used it as a base to experience Pelion. We were very pleased and highly satisfied. great value for money.
1. Excellent for children (especially boys) - pool, football (soccer) field, playground and general areas great for independent kids to roam and play.
2. Service - the staff was great and went to length to accommodate all our needs.
3. WIFI - free and FAST !
4. Great value for money.
5. luggage drop off - you can reach the room with the car - sounds anecdotal but its exactly the kind of things that make it more pleasant to travel as a family with many bags.
6. Large rooms - we were pleased with the size of the rooms which included a double bed and 2 singles for the kids.
1. While the room was very big and the bathroom as well, in our friends room the actual shower was quite small (place for one adult only). Also don't get excited about he multiple jet shower which lacks water pressure to enjoy.
2. Location - while Portaria is a nice village on the west side of pelion, the east side has perhaps more attractive villages. we drove half of the days to the beaches and villages on the east side (1.2 hour drive). it didn't bother us since the drive is beautiful and lets the kids fall asleep on the way back but one can choose to stay on the eastern side as well or at least split.
To conclude - highly recommend if travelling with kids. for couples - you can find a more romantic hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- PELION RESORT is a 4* hotel, built in 2008 at 700m altitude in location "Karavos" on the north east side of the traditional Portaria village. The hotel is built like a "village" according to the traditional local architecture of Pelion mountain area. Easy walking access to the village’s centre through picturesque pavements and magnificent panoramic view. In Pelion Resort, simplicity and a warm friendly ambiance are combined along with 4 stars service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Bookgreece.com, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pelion Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.