“Consistently brilliant cooking at incredible value”

The Lost Unicorn Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 16 Restaurants in Tsagkarada
Price range: US$2 - US$18
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Cafe and refreshments in the main square - Not to be confused with the Lost Unicorn.
Reviewed 9 September 2013

During my week stay, I managed to try almost everything on the menu. The food was so consistently good that every dish was memorable,
every ingredient used seemed to be thought out and perfectly put together to create something original and delicious. From the gorgeous sweet red peppers with feta and almonds in the oven to the metingly tender slow cooked lamb with garlic that fell off the bone, I savoured each dish I tried and there's no doubt I'll be coming back repeatedly after discovering this wonderful place that is the lost unicorn.

1  Thank Joe P

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Every time we visit this restaurant, the experience is fantastic. Very friendly approach, the food quality is amazing (one could say that they have only gourmet dishes) and the prices are great for what this restaurant is representing.

We recommend it to everybody visiting Pelion and Tsagarada.

1  Thank CH99637
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Maybe this restaurant is a little bit more expensive than many others on the region, but it is still very good. The food quality is excellent and the atmosphere on the garden is magic. Very close to one of the beautiful Tsagkarada squares, with the 1000 year old plane tree. The service is kind and professional. I certainly would recommend to have a dinner in Lost Unicorn when visiting this region.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

Is it possible to find gourmet dishes in a traditional mountain village restaurant?

The answer is yes, and besides that, the Lost Unicorn is highly recommended for a romantic outing, a special celebration, or simply a normal dinner out.

LOCATION: The hotel and restaurant are right behind the Church of Agia Paraskevi in Tsagkarada and the day we were here the Church was celebrating. For people who wish to have a snack, the coffee shop of the Unicorn Hotel serves snacks and coffee at the grounds where the church is by the main square.

GARDEN: We had our dinner outside at the magical flower-filled terrace decorated with all kinds of colourful plants, nice light pots and a fountain. There are romantic hideaway corners to sit if you wish for a more romantic ambience. The gardens are surrounded by lush vegetation. The huge branches of the perennial plane trees of the square extend up to the garden of the restaurant and it is really like an earthly paradise out here.

CUISINE: Portions are big and everything we had was of exceptional taste and presentation. It is obvious that fresh ingredients and virgin olive oil are used in the kitchen because the taste of everything was super.

THE MENU: Out of the 4 starters we had the Roast Sweet Red Pepper with Feta cheese €8.00. (All starters cost the same) I can still remember the taste and colours of this dish!
The mixed salad we had with pear and walnut dressing made the salad flavorsome and mouthwatering. It was superb. Salads rank between €6.00 -€9.00.

MAIN COURSES: The list of the main course is tempting with dishes ranking from €12.00 – 18.50. The latter and most expensive one is the Fillet Steak with Cream & Wild Mushroom Sauce.
We however had the Confit of Duck with caramelized onions & Orange. I loved every bite and it was exquisite. It is highly recommended and it costs €14.00.
My husband had the Slow-roast Lamb with garlic, rosemary & red wine gravy for €16.00. The lamb was tender and juicy –I could probably call it a gastronomical delight!

DESSERT: Speaking of dessert, well… get ready for a taste of heaven.
We had a sweet delight (ravani) in syrup topped by a ball of ice cream, and a very tasty cheese cake.

I found the restaurant superb in every way, and I recommend it for all the above reasons.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

This restaurant and the hotel is just like you step into the fairy tale. The unique atmosphere, beautiful garden, and the food which is different from anything else you have tried in Greece. Just go there and you will be delighted!